CDK support for native library issue

Gareth Haylings

Aug 20, 2015, 2:14:40 PM8/20/15
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Hi

I have been playing with the CDK and have managed compile my Sphero component as an aix extension file so I can test it out on http://extension-test.appinventor.mit.edu/ .  The aix file imports but and I create a small project to test the component is working. As soon as I connect to the companion the app start up and start looking for the roboting ball but then  crashes after a few second. The Sphero component needs 1 standard external jar library and 2 native libraries. I know the standard jar library is there as I have extracted the aix file but the 2 native libraries libachievement_manager.so libachievement_manager.so-v7a are missing and these are needed?

Looking at the mrSphero_build_info.json file in the aix the files are specified  as highlighted in red below

{"libraries":["RobotLibrary.jar"],"assets":[],"native":["libachievement_manager.so","libachievement_manager.so-v7a"],"name":"mrSphero","permissions":["android.permission.BLUETOOTH","android.permission.BLUETOOTH_ADMIN"]}

I haven't look at the component build.xml myself yet to see how the aix extension file is created as I only had a quick play with the CDK last night.

My question - Does the extension aix file currently support native library's as I don't think these are getting ported to the extension file?
If not are there plans to add support for the native libraries and how easy would it be to add the support?

I've attached the app inventor project with the sphero aix file imported

I would really appreciate any help on this as I really want to share my the mrSphero.aix with the world rather than running it on my own local server.

Thanks in advance for any help
Gareth Haylings
new.aia

Mouhamed Oumar Sall

Aug 20, 2015, 2:23:37 PM8/20/15
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
Gareth,

Thank you for testing and. It is true that we have not taken into account native libraries. I’m seeing how we can add them and I'll keep you posted as soon as possible.

~ Mouhamadou

<new.aia>

Gareth Haylings

Aug 20, 2015, 2:31:08 PM8/20/15
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Mouhamadou

Look forward to testing the CDK more. I am a way for a few days but as soon as I get back I will look at porting some of my other components I created. Will post when I have tested more CDK stuff

Hal Abelson

Aug 20, 2015, 4:48:13 PM8/20/15
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Gareth,

It would be terrific if you could create an example with a native library, once we get that working and get the repository up.  Thanks!!

Le 20 août 2015 à 14:14, Gareth Haylings <gareth.haylings@googlemail.com> a écrit :

[...]

Toni Schuh

Aug 20, 2015, 6:29:32 PM8/20/15
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Maybe offtopic here ;-)
but i realy hope you continue your work for the scrollable arrangements as extension!