How to select a drink from a list ?

advanden...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2016, 7:35:08 AM6/29/16
to App Inventor Open Source Development

Although my application wish looks easy, I'm struggling to implement it in AI.

I have a list with drinks (name and price), like
  "thee" "2,20"
  "cola" "2,50"
  "beer" "3.00"
and now I need a listpicker to select a drink from this list.
(preferable with a column with small pictures of the drink, like thee.png,
but if this makes things more complicated, I'm willing to drop this aspect)
Still, I'm not succeeding to implement this.
Any suggestions ?

Regards,
Ad

Abraham Getzler

Jun 29, 2016, 8:56:06 AM6/29/16
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
See this doc and app for a sample table and lookup...

ABG
(Personal emails from boards are auto-spam deleted)

advanden...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2016, 10:11:47 AM6/29/16
to App Inventor Open Source Development

@Abraham,
Thanks for your reply.
And yes the example you indicated contains a ListPicker,
But in my situation the line/row to be selected should contain 2 or 3 fields (articlename, price, picture)
English is not my motherlanguage so I hope it is clear for you.

Abraham Getzler

Jun 29, 2016, 4:37:40 PM6/29/16
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
The facility you want is not part of official AI2.

Look in this FAQ for other AI2 variants that might support it.

Also, this board is for developers OF AI2, way more advanced than us both.
The FAQ is in the board you want to use.

ABG

Taifun

Jun 29, 2016, 5:08:52 PM6/29/16
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Please ask for help in the Programming forum:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mitappinventortest
This one is for developers working on the app inventor sources. thanks.

see also

Another Listpicker alternative with App Inventor and jQuery Mobile jQuery Mobile including a Search Filter!

Taifun

Mark Sherman

Jun 29, 2016, 10:27:32 PM6/29/16
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Yes, there are many good ways to do this, but this is the wrong list!