Making the Splash Screen launch at builder launch

Arda Çebi

Apr 3, 2018, 10:28:05 AM4/3/18
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Hello,

I would like your help upon a feature I couldn't enable.

I designed a custom splash screen and I want the splash screen to launch Everytime the user opens the builder. Currently it's only available via Help>SplashScreen.

Arda Çebi

Apr 4, 2018, 3:36:32 PM4/4/18
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Anyone?

Evan Patton

Apr 5, 2018, 4:49:30 PM4/5/18
to App Inventor Open Source Development
In the data store you can increase the version number of the SplashData object to a new version. Each user data has the last seen splash screen version number embedded to determine whether they should be presented the splash screen or not (i.e., if it is newer). If you want to always show it, you would also have to remove the checkbox that allows them to optionally dismiss it until the next update.

Regards,
Evan