UPDATE! MIT App Inventor iOS version is coming ...

Andrew McKinney

Nov 20, 2017, 1:37:41 PM11/20/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development

Dear App Inventor Open Source Forum,

Our development team is making good progress on the iOS version of MIT App Inventor, and we are running a crowdfunding campaign to help speed time to market. Would it be possible for you to help spread the word? If you are on Twitter please consider tweeting or retweeting:

Tweet: Our @MITAppInventor friends are getting ready for iOS, and could use your help to get it done, see: http://crowdfund.mit.edu/appinventor

Retweet: https://twitter.com/MITAppInventor/status/931202318686617601

Please let me know if you have any questions. We appreciate your help!

Best wishes,

Andrew McKinney

Technical Lead, MIT App Inventor Project

This message contains graphics. If you do not see the graphics, click here to view.

We need your help!

Hello! First and foremost, thank you so much for being part of the MIT App Inventor community. We’ve grown to more than 6 million users all over the world who have built more than 24 million apps, and we continue to grow exponentially each year. We’re grateful for every one of our app inventors!

One of the most common feature requests we receive from users is  App Inventor for an iOS version, and we’re excited to share that development is underway right now. With a small development team working on the iOS platform, we’re turning to you to help us cover the cost—we hope to raise $100,000 to help us close the gap and complete this development as soon as this spring.

MIT App Inventor remains, and will always be, free to use—we promise. Central to our mission is the idea that everyone should be able to learn to code and develop mobile apps, no matter their background. If you’re able, we hope you can help us make App Inventor available to even more people by giving to our crowdfunding campaign, now through December 31st.  Every dollar counts, and we appreciate your donation, no matter what the amount. If all of our users gave even a small donation, we would meet our goal in no time!

Give Now

With gratitude,
Hal Abelson and the MIT App Inventor Team

P.S. If you’re passionate about App Inventor and would like to see this project succeed, please help spread the word by becoming an App Inventor Ambassador. When you reply to this email with your name and preferred email address, we’ll send you a personalized link that you can share with your network on social media.

MIT Annual Fund I 600 Memorial Drive, W98 I Cambridge, MA 02139-4822 I giv...@mit.edu I 617-253-0129
If you wish to be removed from this mailing list, click here.

This conversation is locked