New feature for component annotations

Evan Patton

Sep 11, 2017, 10:26:00 AM9/11/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Hello everyone,

As part of PR #924 we have added the ability to specify an androidMinSdk field in the @DesignerComponent annotation. For a given project, the minimum SDK specified in the manifest will be taken as the max over all the androidMinSdk values specified by each component. Extensions compiled before this change will be assumed to be compatible with the project's minimum SDK. Extensions going forward need not specify the minimum SDK version (it will default to the systemwide version), but if your extension requires a specific SDK then you should specify it.

Extension developers can also start building extensions with this feature by using the ucr branch of the GitHub repository, but the feature will not take effect until the next components release.

Cheers.
Evan

Andres Cotes

Sep 14, 2017, 5:39:03 PM9/14/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
muchas gracias Evan

Moliata

Sep 15, 2017, 1:28:37 AM9/15/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Hello, Andres this cannit be already used. Nor App Inventor (production), AppyBuikder and Thunkable support this.

Ken Nichols

May 30, 2018, 12:21:00 PM5/30/18
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Does anyone know if this has been implemented by all of the builders yet?

Evan Patton

May 31, 2018, 12:50:32 PM5/31/18
to App Inventor Open Source Development
I'm not sure that is something we can ever know. However, this change shouldn't break compatibility with those systems, so if you import an extension with a specified min SDK and a compiled app does not reflect it, then it is highly probably that the change hasn't been included in that distribution.

Regards,
Evan

Ken Nichols

May 31, 2018, 10:35:29 PM5/31/18