GSOC 2017

Rishabh Mehrotra

Mar 19, 2017, 7:02:27 PM3/19/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development

Hi,
My name is Rishabh Mehrotra. I am a second year undergrad student pursuing B.tech in Delhi Technological University.
I am interested in your project as I have a prior experience with java and oops and I have also implemented some java oops concepts in android apps .
Kindly provide me some jnitial guidelines of your project.

Sir,
I have successfully build the app inventor and the build server on my localhost.
I have certain doubts-
1. I would like to ask you that the non-trivial app which you want in the application should be such that it could be accessed publicly from any server or from my local server only?
2. What kind of app do you want in the application.Can I take idea of an app from MIT APP INVENTOR  tutorial?
3.What is the starting and ending date of submitting the application.Is that the same as GSOC Student Proposal period?

Rishabh Mehrotra

Mar 20, 2017, 4:43:11 PM3/20/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Sir ,
Install the software on the buildserver machine and start the build server
(at this link https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Xc9yt02x3BRoq5m1PJHBr81OOv69rEBy8LVG_84j9jc#h.9quk7suqt1zd)
at this step , I am getting error:
Error: Could not find or load main class com.google.appinventor.buildserver.BuildServer
in my buildserver-log.out file
Capture.JPG

Jos Flores

Mar 27, 2017, 6:44:49 AM3/27/17
to app-inventor-open-source-dev
Hi Rishabh, it seems that you are starting the build sever from a
different directory and cannot find the main class. Please go through
the instructions again.
The submission is the same as the GSoC period indeed. The trivial app
can be anything that is involved enough to show that you have at least
played with App Inventor for a few days and explored its
possibilities. You have to do it on your own local server.

cheers,
José
> --
> Visit this group at
> https://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.

Rishabh Mehrotra

Mar 31, 2017, 9:58:49 AM3/31/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
> To post to this group, send email to
> app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at
> https://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.

Sir, do we have to apply for GSOC 17 through your application form or by uploading  the pdf for project proposal on official GSOC site.
If we have to perform both the operation,then what we have to provide in the pdf?
Is there any format for project proposal pdf to be uploaded on GSOC official site?
Do we have to just answer the same questions in the application form but in pdf format for uploading it on GSOC official site.

Jos Flores

Mar 31, 2017, 12:02:41 PM3/31/17
to app-inventor-open-source-dev
Hi there,

you will have to do both things, and the information in both places is
similar. For the application through the GSoC site you will need a
project proposal, and for the application through our form, you will
also need the solution to the challenges and additional questions
added in the form. Does that make sense?

cheers,
José
>> > email to app-inventor-open-so...@googlegroups.com.
>> > To post to this group, send email to
>> > app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com.
>> > Visit this group at
>> > https://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.
>

> Sir, do we have to apply for GSOC 17 through your application form or by
> uploading the pdf for project proposal on official GSOC site.
> If we have to perform both the operation,then what we have to provide in the
> pdf?
> Is there any format for project proposal pdf to be uploaded on GSOC official
> site?
> Do we have to just answer the same questions in the application form but in
> pdf format for uploading it on GSOC official site.

Rishabh Mehrotra

Mar 31, 2017, 1:54:58 PM3/31/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Sir, on the GSOC site can we write the project proposal on same grounds as per the information we have given in the application form
>> > To post to this group, send email to
>> > app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com.
>> > Visit this group at
>> > https://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.
>

> Sir, do we have to apply for GSOC 17 through your application form or by
> uploading  the pdf for project proposal on official GSOC site.
> If we have to perform both the operation,then what we have to provide in the
> pdf?
> Is there any format for project proposal pdf to be uploaded on GSOC official
> site?
> Do we have to just answer the same questions in the application form but in
> pdf format for uploading it on GSOC official site.

Jos Flores

Mar 31, 2017, 2:01:36 PM3/31/17
to app-inventor-open-source-dev
yes, it would be the same information.

cheers,
José

>> > Sir, do we have to apply for GSOC 17 through your application form or by
>> > uploading the pdf for project proposal on official GSOC site.
>> > If we have to perform both the operation,then what we have to provide in
>> > the
>> > pdf?
>> > Is there any format for project proposal pdf to be uploaded on GSOC
>> > official
>> > site?
>> > Do we have to just answer the same questions in the application form but
>> > in
>> > pdf format for uploading it on GSOC official site.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Visit this group at
>> > https://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.

Rishabh Mehrotra

Apr 1, 2017, 2:44:29 PM4/1/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Sir, do we have to provide the snippet of all the code works we have done so far in the GSOC proposal or a direct link to my Github profile will be all right?
Sir in the GSoc project proposal, do we have to provide the URL of our pre-tasks also?

>> > Sir, do we have to apply for GSOC 17 through your application form or by
>> > uploading  the pdf for project proposal on official GSOC site.
>> > If we have to perform both the operation,then what we have to provide in
>> > the
>> > pdf?
>> > Is there any format for project proposal pdf to be uploaded on GSOC
>> > official
>> > site?
>> > Do we have to just answer the same questions in the application form but
>> > in
>> > pdf format for uploading it on GSOC official site.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Visit this group at
>> > https://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.

Jos Flores

Apr 1, 2017, 3:33:07 PM4/1/17
to app-inventor-open-source-dev
Hi there,

you can (and should) add whatever you consider that it will add value
to the proposal and may give you an advantage over other candidates.
The easier for us to see your contributions, the better.

cheers,
José

>> > --
>> > Visit this group at
>> > https://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.

Rishabh Mehrotra

Apr 2, 2017, 6:25:48 AM4/2/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Sir, I have shared the Draft of my Project Proposal . I have also provided the link of my pre-task in my project proposal draft.
Kindly review it.
Once reviewed, I will submit the final proposal at GSOC-2017 site and your application form also

>> > --
>> > Visit this group at
>> > https://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.

Jos Flores

Apr 3, 2017, 5:26:24 AM4/3/17
to app-inventor-open-source-dev
Thanks, Rishabh. All the best with your application!

cheers,
José