Implementing Face Detection into Live Camera Feed

Sidharth Raja

Mar 25, 2015, 5:32:36 AM3/25/15
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

So I was planning on submitting a proposal for the addition of a live camera feed on Canvas.

I was thinking if it's possible to do something more, like implementing FaceDetection (not recognition) and providing some additional functionality around that.

Android provides a standard FaceDetector ( http://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/FaceDetector.html ) which was added in API level 1 so compatibility shouldn't be a problem.

I'd love to hear ideas/suggestions/critique around this!

Jos Flores

Mar 25, 2015, 7:37:20 AM3/25/15
to app-inventor-open-source-dev
Hi there, face detection might not be a priority for the project right
now, but we always welcome contributions so any proposals are welcome,
really.

cheers,
José
> --
> Visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.

Sidharth Raja

Mar 25, 2015, 8:07:31 AM3/25/15
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com

Awesome!
I'll rework my proposal then.

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

On 25 March 2015 at 09:32, Sidharth Raja <sidhart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So I was planning on submitting a proposal for the addition of a live camera
> feed on Canvas.
>
> I was thinking if it's possible to do something more, like implementing
> FaceDetection (not recognition) and providing some additional functionality
> around that.
>
> Android provides a standard FaceDetector (
> http://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/FaceDetector.html )
> which was added in API level 1 so compatibility shouldn't be a problem.
>
> I'd love to hear ideas/suggestions/critique around this!

joe el khoury

Nov 3, 2015, 3:17:29 PM11/3/15
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Awesome!!! a very good idea

Hal Abelson

Nov 4, 2015, 8:16:48 PM11/4/15
to App Inventor Open Source Development
You ought to look into doing this as an App Inventor extension.
Check out an API called Face++ .  You might be able to use that.