Really stuck, any advise/help is greatly appreciated

Keith Kilroy

Jun 15, 2016, 8:05:48 AM6/15/16
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Hi,

I have been trying to control a Arduino app over BLE using the Adafruit nRF8001 breakout board.

I need to have a total of 4 sliders to control Speed, 4 Switches for direction, 1 switch for Mode control, 1 Switch for Delay control 30 or 60 seconds, 1 switch to control lighting.

This is for a model train setup with 4 trains, the 4th can be a trolley so the mode control sets train/trolley mode. and in trolley mode the delay switch is read.

Attached is my current working code (arduino)  that works with the hardwired switches and sliders.

I need this to work from either hardwired controls or over BLE from a android device.

Can anyone look at the working code and please help me get this working? I just keep failing at every attempt I make. Really frustrated and close to giving up.

Thanks in advance for your help. Hoping the new BLE stuff will help make this work using app inventor.

Thanks again

TC_4Trains_in_Array_Trolly_Light_07101039A.ino

Jos Flores

Jun 15, 2016, 8:27:13 AM6/15/16
to app-inventor-open-source-dev
Hi Keith,

what are you asking for exactly? What does work and what does not?

I am not clear whether you are asking for help for the arduino code
(in which case it'd be better to ask in an arduino forum) or if you
are trying this in a the test (or local) server with the (work in
progress) BLE AI code?

cheers,
José
> --
> Visit this group at
> https://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.

Keith Kilroy

Jun 15, 2016, 8:40:14 AM6/15/16
to App Inventor Open Source Development
I'm asking for help on both or either side.

Im really confused when it comes to using the BLE experimental extension to:  1. detect BLE device. 2. Connect to that Device. 3. Send values to BLE connected arduino. I need to send the values so they are easy to parse into variables in an array on the arduino side.

I just attached the code on the arduino side that works. hoping it would help someone understand what I need.

Keith Kilroy

Jun 15, 2016, 8:41:28 AM6/15/16
to App Inventor Open Source Development
I'm using ai-test server