AI2 Companion Update for Linux

Mick Larson

Aug 27, 2015, 6:37:12 AM8/27/15
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Hi everyone,

I've managed to set up AI2 on my machine (Ubuntu 14.04), and everything works except for the emulator.  When I start the emulator, the Companion starts but I see only a black screen. In my browser window, I get the error message:  "You are using an out-of-date Companion. You should update the MIT AI2 Companion as soon as possible."

The instructions on the install page provide the .deb file for AI Companion version 2.11ai2.  The newest version I can find elsewhere is 2.18ai2. Both versions return the same error. The instructions on the update page are only for Windows and Mac.

This problem has been replicated on multiple machines.

Is there a newer version of the Companion for Linux somewhere? Or does anyone else have any suggestions for how I can get the emulator to work?

Thanks in advance,

Mick