i have build and run app inventor successfully but one i can not set or recovery password

孟神通

Sep 21, 2016, 6:13:59 AM9/21/16
to App Inventor Open Source Development
After 2 days efforts ,i finally successfully built and run app inventor successfully.
but i can not set or recovery password because when i

Request a Password Setup or Reset Link ,a input a email and the click send link,and then i check my inbox,i could

not get a setup or reset link.
anyone met this problems?
what should i do ?

Evan W. Patton

Sep 21, 2016, 7:59:15 AM9/21/16
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
If you are just running the Dev server you don't need to do a password reset. Simply click on the link to log in with a google account and it will take you to a screen that will prompt for an email address that will be used to identify you in the Dev environment. No password is required.

Evan

孟神通

Sep 21, 2016, 8:30:17 AM9/21/16
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Think You Evan, google is not avilable here for most people, so i need to enbale people set there acounts and password,

but the appinventor's send mail function seems not work.
i have puted up an instance on my aliyun server

在 2016年9月21日星期三 UTC+8下午7:59:15,Evan Patton写道:

On Sep 21, 2016, at 06:13, 孟神通 <lang...@gmail.com> wrote:

After 2 days efforts ,i finally successfully built and run app inventor successfully.
but i can not set or recovery password because when i

Request a Password Setup or Reset Link ,a input a email and the click send link,and then i check my inbox,i could

not get a setup or reset link.
anyone met this problems?
what should i do ?

Evan Patton

Sep 21, 2016, 8:42:56 AM9/21/16
to App Inventor Open Source Development
The development server provides zero security. You can masquerade as anyone and anyone with access to it can masquerade as you. Currently, the open source version can only officially be deployed on Google AppEngine, but we are working on a version that can be deployed in other cloud environments. Could you give us some details about your setup and use case?

Evan

孟神通

Sep 22, 2016, 8:47:49 PM9/22/16
to App Inventor Open Source Development
ok , i deployed ai2 on Aliyun ,ubuntu 14.04 system,and my settings are following https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Xc9yt02x3BRoq5m1PJHBr81OOv69rEBy8LVG_84j9jc

my enviroment var:

and it is said 2016 app inventor contest in china zone ,google has deployed a server on Guangzhou Education department's server.

if you need any more messages,just tell me ,i trying to deploy a free server on Aliyun for education purpose.I a hight school IT teacher,and i want to teach app inventor as a school-based curriculum

在 2016年9月21日星期三 UTC+8下午8:42:56,Evan Patton写道:

孟神通

Sep 24, 2016, 8:22:52 AM9/24/16
to App Inventor Open Source Development
state UP
start-time Sep 24, 2016 6:35:15 PM CST
uptime-in-ms 6340064
vm-name OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
vm-vender Oracle Corporation
vm-version 24.111-b01
buildserver-version nls-969-g5461177
buildserver-git-fingerprint 5461177602cd6c9e833a5f791a4fae30d7bbc562
os-arch amd64
os-name Linux
os-version 3.13.0-86-generic
num-processors 1
load-average-past-1-min 0.0
total-memory 26251264
free-memory 14600488
max-memory 504823808
used-heap 11650776
used-non-heap 18721200
count-async-build-requests 1
rejected-async-build-requests 0
successful-async-build-requests 1
failed-async-build-requests 0
maximum-simultaneous-build-tasks-allowed unlimited
completed-build-tasks 1
maximum-simultaneous-build-tasks-occurred 0
active-build-tasks 0

在 2016年9月21日星期三 UTC+8下午8:42:56,Evan Patton写道:
The development server provides zero security. You can masquerade as anyone and anyone with access to it can masquerade as you. Currently, the open source version can only officially be deployed on Google AppEngine, but we are working on a version that can be deployed in other cloud environments. Could you give us some details about your setup and use case?

Evan

Jeffrey Schiller

Sep 24, 2016, 3:19:15 PM9/24/16
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
Just to be clear, I assume you are using the Google “Dev Server.”

The dev server also does not permit you to send e-mail, which is why you
cannot use the Password Set/Reset link.

However you can click “Use my Google Account” to signin. In production
on App Engine this will require a Google Account (and access to Google
which I know is blocked in China). However in the “dev” server you will
be prompted for an account to login with. No password is required (this
is why Evan stated that there is no security) and you can use any
account name you want. No data is sent to Google, so the fact that
Google may be blocked should not be an issue.

You can get some security in the dev server in a fashion.

1. Use the “Google Account” signin. On the dev server login page there
is a checkbox for “login as an administrator.” Select this option.

2. Once you are logged in, you can use the Admin menu to select the
“User Admin” item. This will bring you to the account admin
page. From here you can setup accounts for your students. Because
e-mail doesn’t work, you will have to use the account admin page to
setup their passwords. Make sure to create an account here for
yourself (or set the password on the account you used from the
“google signin” page) and set its “admin” flag).

3. Once you have your account setup you can go to appengine-web.xml in
your build tree. Look for “auth.usegoogle” and set it to false and
restart your server. This will remove the “Use Google Account”
link. All logins will then have to provide a username/password. You
now have a more secure system.

Password recovery will still not work, because the Dev server will not
send email.

Something very important to keep in mind. The dev server is fragile. If
you upgrade it to a new version, the first time you run the new version
it will wipe out your database, deleting all of your accounts and all of
their projects! Go with caution and backup your data.

One last thing. The User Account page is a new feature and is currently
only available in English, though we expect to offer other languages in
the future.

-Jeff

Jeffrey I. Schiller
Information Systems and Technology – MIT App Inventor
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Avenue Room 32-386
Cambridge, MA 02139-4307
617.910.0259 - Voice