AICompanion2 not compatable with your blocks editor error

Gary Frederick

Jan 29, 2013, 10:21:38 AM1/29/13
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
The AICompanion is working with the ai4a V1.4.5.

I built a new version of the server to be ready when MIT updates and now get

"This version of the App Inventor Companion is not compatible with your blocks editor. You can download a new version from the Play Store." and a button that takes me to the AICompanion app in the store.

Do I have to set something in the source?
Should I build a version that works with ai4a?

Gary

Jos Flores

Feb 1, 2013, 11:29:39 AM2/1/13
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gary,

I seem to recall Jeff saying that the app in the Play store won't work
if you are building the sources yourself, but you should be able to
build your own from source.
I'd say that if you are building from the particular tag of the
current version running in the MIT server, you should be good (that
might explain why it worked with 1.4.5) but Jeff would be the person
to ask.

cheers,
José
> --
> Visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev?hl=en.

Gary Frederick

Feb 1, 2013, 2:52:06 PM2/1/13
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
You are right. Jeff 'splained' it all.

I will wait patiently till things get updated
or use the version I built
or use V1.4.5 which works with the app that is in the store.

I am pretty happy regardless, I was looking forward to testing the AICompanion on a Google TV. I mostly use the emulator or a usb cable - I am doing more Android stuff than App Inventor currently.

Thanks
Gary

Gary Frederick

Feb 6, 2013, 5:50:09 PM2/6/13
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
and patience was rewarded today

and it works with ai4a V1.4.6

and I tried it on GTV (which is why I was eager to get use it)

a few minutes with the source and it loaded

and then failed with the message below

Device selected: WiFi
setConnectedToPhone: in eventDispatchThread
Selecting device WiFi
DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 1
DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 2
DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 3
DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 4
DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 5
DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 6
DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 7
DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 8
DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 9
DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 10
DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 11
DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 12
Got ipaddr = 192.168.2.9
It did not work.java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
at openblocks.yacodeblocks.DeviceReplCommController$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

a port problem?

something else?

Jeffrey Schiller

Feb 6, 2013, 10:15:17 PM2/6/13
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
This means that your pc could not reach the phone. Is there a firewall or some similar device blocking connections on port 8000?

For the wireless app to work it needs to get to ports 8000 and 9987.

-Jeff

Gary Frederick

Feb 7, 2013, 6:40:08 AM2/7/13
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
port 8000 and 9987 on the device?
or on the pc

Wireless is coming from a new router, I will check.

Gary

Jeffrey Schiller

Feb 7, 2013, 7:48:32 AM2/7/13
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com