AAPT Error

Sander Jochems

Aug 17, 2017, 3:39:36 PM8/17/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Hi,

I am having this error when I try to build an apk

Your build failed due to an error in the AAPT stage, not because of an error in your program

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hal Abelson

Aug 17, 2017, 9:36:38 PM8/17/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development, app-inventor-dev
Sadly, App Inventor doesn't give decent error messages here.   The reason is that the only think the system knows is that the AAPT tool failed.

The last time I ran into this, it was because on the file names (e.g., the name of an image or other asset) was very long, or had a non-ascii character.
But i think we changed App Inventor to avoid that particular problem.  IN any case, stare at your code for strange things like that.

Or send us the project source, and we can try to take a look.

Evan W. Patton

Aug 17, 2017, 9:41:47 PM8/17/17
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
What operating system is the build server running on? If Linux, it may be because you are missing the 32-bit compatibility libraries. Spaces in paths (any platform) are also problematic. Look at the console log for the build server to see if there is a more specific error message there.

Evan

Sander Jochems

Aug 18, 2017, 9:37:14 AM8/18/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
We already fixed the error. We had too less ram

Hal Abelson

Aug 18, 2017, 1:13:45 PM8/18/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Thanks for letting us know what the problem was.

== Hal

Hal Abelson
h...@mit.edu
Prof. of Comp. Sci. and Eng.