The Files API is disabled

Nicola

Nov 5, 2015, 3:06:45 AM11/5/15
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Hi I'm trying to compile and run from app inventor source but i have the following errors:

GRAVE: javax.servlet.ServletContext log: Exception while dispatching incoming RPC call
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.UnexpectedException: Service method 'public abstract long com.google.appinventor.shared.rpc.project.ProjectService.save2(java.lang.String,long,java.lang.String,boolean,java.lang.String) throws com.google.appinventor.shared.rpc.InvalidSessionException,com.google.appinventor.shared.rpc.BlocksTruncatedException' threw an unexpected exception: com.google.appengine.tools.cloudstorage.NonRetriableException: com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy$FeatureNotEnabledException: The Files API is disabled. Further information: https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/deprecations/files_api
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.encodeResponseForFailure(RPC.java:415)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:605)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:333)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:303)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:373)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
at com.google.appinventor.server.OdeAuthFilter.doMyFilter(OdeAuthFilter.java:106)
at com.google.appinventor.server.OdeAuthFilter.doFilter(OdeAuthFilter.java:78)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at com.google.appengine.tools.appstats.AppstatsFilter.doFilter(AppstatsFilter.java:142)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at com.google.appengine.api.socket.dev.DevSocketFilter.doFilter(DevSocketFilter.java:74)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.ResponseRewriterFilter.doFilter(ResponseRewriterFilter.java:128)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.HeaderVerificationFilter.doFilter(HeaderVerificationFilter.java:34)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at com.google.appengine.api.blobstore.dev.ServeBlobFilter.doFilter(ServeBlobFilter.java:63)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at com.google.apphosting.utils.servlet.TransactionCleanupFilter.doFilter(TransactionCleanupFilter.java:43)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.StaticFileFilter.doFilter(StaticFileFilter.java:125)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerModulesFilter.doDirectRequest(DevAppServerModulesFilter.java:366)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerModulesFilter.doDirectModuleRequest(DevAppServerModulesFilter.java:349)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerModulesFilter.doFilter(DevAppServerModulesFilter.java:116)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppEngineWebAppContext.handle(DevAppEngineWebAppContext.java:98)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.JettyContainerService$ApiProxyHandler.handle(JettyContainerService.java:512)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:938)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:755)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)
Caused by: com.google.appengine.tools.cloudstorage.NonRetriableException: com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy$FeatureNotEnabledException: The Files API is disabled. Further information: https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/deprecations/files_api
at com.google.appengine.tools.cloudstorage.RetryHelper.doRetry(RetryHelper.java:120)
at com.google.appengine.tools.cloudstorage.RetryHelper.runWithRetries(RetryHelper.java:166)
at com.google.appengine.tools.cloudstorage.RetryHelper.runWithRetries(RetryHelper.java:156)
at com.google.appengine.tools.cloudstorage.GcsServiceImpl.createOrReplace(GcsServiceImpl.java:70)
at com.google.appinventor.server.storage.ObjectifyStorageIo$42.run(ObjectifyStorageIo.java:1495)
at com.google.appinventor.server.storage.ObjectifyStorageIo.runJobWithRetries(ObjectifyStorageIo.java:2264)
at com.google.appinventor.server.storage.ObjectifyStorageIo.uploadRawFile(ObjectifyStorageIo.java:1425)
at com.google.appinventor.server.storage.ObjectifyStorageIo.uploadRawFile(ObjectifyStorageIo.java:1410)
at com.google.appinventor.server.storage.ObjectifyStorageIo.uploadFile(ObjectifyStorageIo.java:1356)
at com.google.appinventor.server.project.CommonProjectService.save2(CommonProjectService.java:268)
at com.google.appinventor.server.ProjectServiceImpl.save2(ProjectServiceImpl.java:464)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.agent.runtime.Runtime.invoke(Runtime.java:130)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:587)
... 46 more
Caused by: com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy$FeatureNotEnabledException: The Files API is disabled. Further information: https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/deprecations/files_api
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.ApiProxyLocalImpl$AsyncApiCall.callInternal(ApiProxyLocalImpl.java:515)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.ApiProxyLocalImpl$AsyncApiCall.call(ApiProxyLocalImpl.java:484)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.ApiProxyLocalImpl$AsyncApiCall.call(ApiProxyLocalImpl.java:461)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$PrivilegedCallable$1.run(Executors.java:493)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$PrivilegedCallable.call(Executors.java:490)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Source code compiles and run correctly but when I try to create an apk I have this error.

I'm working on Debian with
java version "1.7.0_79"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.6) (7u79-2.5.6-1~deb7u1)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 24.79-b02, mixed mode)

Can u help me?

Jos Flores

Nov 5, 2015, 3:25:57 AM11/5/15
to app-inventor-open-source-dev

How recent are your sources? The were changes over the summer when Google disabled the files api. If you haven't pulled from master on the mit-cml repo in a while, you'll need to do so.

Nicola

Nov 5, 2015, 3:41:45 AM11/5/15
to App Inventor Open Source Development
This morning i do

there is other repo?

Jos Flores

Nov 5, 2015, 3:50:38 AM11/5/15
to app-inventor-open-source-dev
nope, that is the right one.

cheers,
José
>>> email to app-inventor-open-so...@googlegroups.com.
>>> Visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.

Nicola

Nov 5, 2015, 3:53:08 AM11/5/15
to App Inventor Open Source Development
some idea?
>>> email to app-inventor-open-source-dev+unsub...@googlegroups.com.
>>> Visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.

Jos Flores

Nov 5, 2015, 4:18:50 AM11/5/15
to app-inventor-open-source-dev
Not really. Unless you have an outdated copy of something. If it's not
the source code, then it might be your version of appengine?

cheers,
José

>> > --
>> > Visit this group at
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.

Nicola

Nov 5, 2015, 4:27:24 AM11/5/15
to App Inventor Open Source Development
appengine-java-sdk-1.9.28.zip

today i installed everything
and follow the  steps on README...

>> > --
>> > Visit this group at
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.

Jos Flores

Nov 5, 2015, 4:40:21 AM11/5/15
to app-inventor-open-source-dev
In your main app inventor director (where the License and Readme are)
type the following two commands and paste the output here:

1) git branch

2) cat .git/config

cheers,
José

>> > --
>> > Visit this group at
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.

Nicola

Nov 5, 2015, 4:44:59 AM11/5/15
to App Inventor Open Source Development
appinventor-sources# git branch
* master
appinventor-sources# cat .git/config
[core]
repositoryformatversion = 0
filemode = true
bare = false
logallrefupdates = true
[remote "origin"]
fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
[branch "master"]
remote = origin
merge = refs/heads/master

>> > --
>> > Visit this group at
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.

Jos Flores

Nov 5, 2015, 4:55:48 AM11/5/15
to app-inventor-open-source-dev
That looks correct. If you run 'git pull' it should say that you are
already up to date; can you check that?

It is possible that some File API references have been left behind. I
cannot test this in the next hour but might get a chance to test it
later today.

Anyone else out there noticing weird stuff going on?

cheers,
José

>> > --
>> > Visit this group at
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.

Nicola

Nov 5, 2015, 5:01:18 AM11/5/15
to App Inventor Open Source Development
appinventor-sources# git pull
Already up-to-date.

>> > --
>> > Visit this group at
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.

Nicola

Nov 10, 2015, 4:41:24 AM11/10/15
to App Inventor Open Source Development
ping

Jos Flores

Nov 10, 2015, 4:49:24 AM11/10/15
to app-inventor-open-source-dev
Hi Nicola. I was working on App Inventor over the weekend and had no
issues with the sources at all. I don't really know what's happening,
but it seems to be your setup.

Do you have another computer you can try it on? Or maybe try to start
from scratch. I really am out of ideas.

cheers,
José

Nicola

Nov 10, 2015, 5:58:29 AM11/10/15
to App Inventor Open Source Development
i tested on another computer with same results

It seems problems are only with the appengine 1.9.28
I tried to run with a previous one (1.9.26) and it works fine

do you think i could continue to work with the old appengine?

Jos Flores

Nov 10, 2015, 7:36:57 AM11/10/15
to app-inventor-open-source-dev
yes, you can. We are all on older versions. But that's good to know.
It might mean that we left some classes behind when moving away from
the File API and we will have to fix it. Good catch!

cheers,
José

>> > --
>> > Visit this group at
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.

Ben Davis

Jan 2, 2016, 11:13:16 PM1/2/16
to App Inventor Open Source Development
I'm seeing the same issue using the latest appengine.

>> > --
>> > Visit this group at
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.

Jos Flores

Jan 3, 2016, 7:49:18 AM1/3/16
to app-inventor-open-source-dev

What's the current latest? Please use an older version, at least for now.

mobile. brevity.typos.cheers

Mark Sherman

Jan 4, 2016, 11:48:45 AM1/4/16
to App Inventor Open Source Development
To be clear, for the moment, protocol is to stay at 1.9.27 ?

Jos Flores

Jan 4, 2016, 11:53:56 AM1/4/16
to app-inventor-open-source-dev
Well, a Pull Request to make 1.9.28 work would be nicer/better!!! But
otherwise, yes, stick with 1.9.27.

We did a bit of work and it only seems to affect the development
server, at least for now. I started upgrading the GCS libraries a
while ago, but run into other issues. If anyone wants to have a go,
the last commit in this branch will get you half way there:
https://github.com/josmas/app-inventor/tree/gcsUpgrade

cheers,
José
> --
> Visit this group at
> https://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.

Jeffrey Schiller

Jan 5, 2016, 9:11:28 AM1/5/16
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
I'll poke at it over the next few days.

-Jeff

Jeffrey I. Schiller
Information Systems and Technology – MIT App Inventor
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Avenue  Room 32-386
Cambridge, MA 02139-4307
617.910.0259 - Voice