Build Failed Help!

twintail

Jan 15, 2017, 10:26:42 AM1/15/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development

Jos Flores

Jan 17, 2017, 7:03:24 AM1/17/17
to app-inventor-open-source-dev
Does this happen when you use the MIT server? If so, please ask
questions in the programming forum:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mitappinventortest

Your app seems to be over 10MB in any case; you need to make it much smaller.

cheers,
José
> --
> Visit this group at
> https://groups.google.com/group/app-inventor-open-source-dev.

Tomislav Tomšić

Jan 18, 2017, 7:47:06 PM1/18/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
As far as I know, one is limited to 5 MB, I'm probably mistaken, however, there is a limit, unless one builds and run App Inventor 2 locally.
I remember that someone once detected the solution for similar problem. In the hindsight, it was a trivial one, too much resource files that weren't deleted.

It is easy to forget, while one experiments with one's GUI, that all those previous attempts will be packed in application, thus influencing the resulting size.
Perhaps, to take a look at 9.png format that google provided for Android, in the case you have buttons for different screen resolutions? Or maybe some .pdf file or similar that you can get around?

I hope I was of some help.

Best regards