Is there a way to convert the Android widget to the corresponding App Inventor widget?

Александр Страшко

Oct 9, 2017, 2:59:10 PM10/9/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Hi

 Is there a way to convert the Android widget to the corresponding App Inventor widget?

Moliata

Oct 10, 2017, 12:50:43 AM10/10/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Hello,
Do you mean is it poasible to make a visible comoonent? That you can drag on to Viewer.

Александр Страшко

Oct 10, 2017, 2:47:29 AM10/10/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Hello, Moliata

Thanks understood.

Moliata

Oct 10, 2017, 8:21:04 AM10/10/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Hello, that was a question :D

Александр Страшко

Oct 10, 2017, 10:45:11 AM10/10/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Yes, to drag onto View. I read that until this is not possible.  Is it planned to do this?

Evan Patton

Oct 10, 2017, 12:40:06 PM10/10/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Yes there are plans to make it so that you can add new views as part of the designer. The challenge is that the logic is a lot more involved and we are planning a mechanism to sandbox extensions so that they don't corrupt the project or make the designer unresponsive.

Evan

Moliata

Oct 10, 2017, 12:45:50 PM10/10/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Or if you making components, not extensions. That is possible

Александр Страшко

Oct 10, 2017, 2:21:21 PM10/10/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Thank Evan

We will wait for this interesting solution

While I'm doing the extension