Changing orgName/appName

Dan Amundsen

Nov 4, 2013, 1:32:10 PM11/4/13
to app-...@googlegroups.com
Hello-

So I took Tim Anglade's class in Minneapolis a couple weeks ago.

I made the book app, listing the output from the database and allowing for input to the database from the user.

Now I am trying to do the same thing, but for a different orgName and appName.  I change the orgName and appName in my index.html file, and I am not able to see any output.  I am also not able to write to the sever, I get an error message.

I have made a collection in the new organization named "books," and added a few titles and authors.  This is the same collection name as the original app, but under a different orgName/appName.  Remember, all I have changed is the orgName and appName.

Am I missing something?  Do I need to change anything anywhere else to make this app tie to a different organization and app name?

Thanks.

-Dan Amundsen

Tim Anglade

Nov 4, 2013, 2:25:37 PM11/4/13
to app-...@googlegroups.com
For those of you that are interested, this was cross-posted (and answered) on the usergrid group. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/usergrid/tqAnoQilkIE Cheers!

Dan Amundsen

Nov 4, 2013, 7:40:38 PM11/4/13
to app-...@googlegroups.com
Tim-

Just wanted to thank you for the help today.  I got it working!  :-)  Never would have thought about the sandbox vs. new app permissions.  Apigee is AWESOME.  My boss is very pleased with the way everything works, and we are looking into a paid subscription to your database services.

-Dan Amundsen

Tim Anglade

Nov 4, 2013, 7:41:40 PM11/4/13
to app-...@googlegroups.com
Ahah, well alright. I’m just glad we got this step sorted out for you. Cheers!