can PC emulate ios?

Jeremy Burdette

Dec 5, 2013, 5:25:53 PM12/5/13
to app-...@googlegroups.com
During the training, I noticed that it's possible to emulate android and ios from a mac. I was wondering if it's possible to emulate both from a PC?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Dec 5, 2013, 6:38:32 PM12/5/13
to app-...@googlegroups.com
I'm sure it's possible technically, but I'd be surprised if Apple's
lawyers haven't written the licenses so that it's difficult to do
legally. ;-)
> --

Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers Workbench
http://j.mp/CompJournBench/

Get out of the building - and don't come back till you have the order!

Ozgur Ozturk

Dec 5, 2013, 5:44:48 PM12/5/13
to app-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,
    I guess you are wondering if you can develop for IOS without having a mac (on a windows machine).
Practically no. Sorry. I also wondered the same and decided to not develop for IOS for now.

You can install, unofficially, Mac OS on PCs, called hackintoshes.
And you can run Mac OS in a VM. But I believe you need a licenced Mac, to be able to put your app to store.

Android is great in this respect.
You can develop on Windows, Linux, Mac OS.

Unfortunately, MS started imitating and even going to more extreme than Apple now.
To develop for Windows 8 App Store, you need to have a Windows 8 Machine with latest Visual Studio, earlier versions can not develop for Windows 8 Store...
To develop for Phone 8 also You need windows 8 with VS 2012.

Best regards,
[ Ozgur Ozturk ]
[ APPization.com Mobile and Web App Development in Atlanta]
[+1 (908) DROZGUR]

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Jeremy Burdette <jeremyb...@gmail.com> wrote:
During the training, I noticed that it's possible to emulate android and ios from a mac. I was wondering if it's possible to emulate both from a PC?

Jeremy Burdette

Dec 6, 2013, 11:55:12 PM12/6/13
to app-...@googlegroups.com
Yes exactly, I was trying to get a lay of the land as far as what development hardware was required for each device. Thanks