Integration with node and WordPress?

Joe Barrett

Nov 18, 2013, 2:54:29 PM11/18/13
to app-...@googlegroups.com
I am working on a site created in WordPress, this part is non-neogitable.

I want to use Apigee to store data, and I've figured out that I can use node.js for user input and data validation, since I don't want to do all that in the browser.

I'm very new to node, so can anyone direct me somewhere to find out how I can get these things (WordPress, Apigee, and node) to all work together?

Any tips would be appreciated,

Joe Barrett

Alan Ho

Nov 18, 2013, 3:15:31 PM11/18/13
to app-...@googlegroups.com
The APIs for wordpress are not very fun to use - they seem to be like XML-RPC APIs and not very Restful at all. The best example of how to use the Wordpress APIs are iOS and Android mobile apps on github:

Alternatively, maybe there is a cron-job that you can write that copies the data into Apigee from Wordpress. You could create a collection that stores CMS data.

Regards,
Alan Ho

Alan Ho | apigee m: +1-206-755-4878  twitter @karlunho @apigee | skype karlunho