Advanced table options?

Mark Lewis

May 18, 2015, 11:59:05 AM5/18/15
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Is there a way to extend the table options in aposAreas to include advanced table options, like adding class or ids to tables, trs and tds?

Tom Boutell

May 21, 2015, 4:24:51 PM5/21/15
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
We normally avoid this because it encourages users to design the site rather than adding content to it, and leads to problems when they don't understand the impact of their custom styles etc. on responsive designs.

(Tables in general are pretty tough to use in a mobile responsive design, honestly.)

There is code to specifically disable these features in the apostrophe-editor-2 module right now. We'd accept a pull request to make that optional, but you'd also need to adjust the sanitizeHtml option in app.js to tolerate the presence of those attributes... And then you'll have to deal with people pasting from Word and other tools that set strange attributes. So, be aware.

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 11:59 AM, Mark Lewis <thnk...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

Is there a way to extend the table options in aposAreas to include advanced table options, like adding class or ids to tables, trs and tds?

THOMAS BOUTELL, DEV & OPS
P'UNK AVENUE | (215) 755-1330  |  punkave.com

Mark Lewis

May 22, 2015, 8:03:17 AM5/22/15
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply.  Yeah, I ended up creating a custom apostrophe-editor-2 module to allow the advanced table options.  Works for this project, but I agree that it probably doesn't warrant a PR.  If I get some some extra time after the project I'll attempt to make changes to allow the overrides as options and submit.  Thanks again.