Apostrophe 2.0.0 has soft launched

Tom Boutell

Sep 3, 2016, 7:49:44 PM9/3/16
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
Good news! We just "soft launched" Apostrophe 2.0.0.

"What's soft about it?" From your standpoint, as a developer? Nothing.
For you this is hard launch in every way:

* The doc site (apostrophenow.org) is fully updated. With a link to
the old docs, of course.

* apostrophe, apostrophe-blog, apostrophe-events and
apostrophe-twitter-widgets have all been npm published as 2.0.0.

* The demo site is now running 2.0.0. Same site design, but you'll
know as soon as you log in.

* Oodles of new tutorials, API reference docs and more on the doc site.

* We've been using it exclusively for new projects for over six months
already (:

"So how is this not a hard launch?"

The answer is that we're telling you — the longtime Apostrophe
developer — but we're holding off on making a big splash in every
possible forum while we tune up the marketing side of the doc site a
little bit.

"So when is the grand opening?"

I would be very surprised if we didn't start making a fuss within a
week. I mean, the cat's already out of the bag...

"Whoa, what was that 'git merge' like?"

Well, I got this message:

"1000 new commits by Tom Boutell and 17 others"

Yes really... exactly 1,000 commits when I merged unstable into master.

(Pro tip: when something is all-new, "git merge -s ours master" is a
beautiful thing.)

--

THOMAS BOUTELL, SUPPORT LEAD
P'UNK AVENUE | (215) 755-1330 | punkave.com