Group "admin". Enable certain people create users under group

Dimitris Zervas

Apr 21, 2016, 8:45:54 AM4/21/16
to apostrophenow
I want group admins to be able to add users to their group. I can't find any resource on how to do that.

Tom Boutell

Apr 21, 2016, 9:53:15 AM4/21/16
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dimitris,

This feature isn't standard but we've done it on at least one project.

You would need to add the id of the group to the groupIds property of the person in question in a custom route.

Take care with this. If you allow people who are in a group with the admin permission to do this, then they can make more admins, etc.

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 8:45 AM, Dimitris Zervas <01tt...@gmail.com> wrote:
I want group admins to be able to add users to their group. I can't find any resource on how to do that.

THOMAS BOUTELL, DEV & OPS
P'UNK AVENUE | (215) 755-1330  |  punkave.com

Tom Boutell

Apr 21, 2016, 9:53:25 AM4/21/16
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
Actually that was a silly warning, since people with the admin permission can already do this. (:

Dimitris Zervas

Apr 21, 2016, 10:00:13 AM4/21/16
to apostrophenow

On Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 4:53:15 PM UTC+3, Tom Boutell wrote:
Hi Dimitris,

This feature isn't standard but we've done it on at least one project.

Is there available code?

You would need to add the id of the group to the groupIds property of the person in question in a custom route.
I'm not sure I follow.
Why should I do that? (how the idea works)
How can I do that?
What is a custom route (I can't see express routes exposed to apostrophe...)?

Tom Boutell

Apr 21, 2016, 10:13:35 AM4/21/16
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
There's nothing keeping you from adding Express routes in your Apostrophe app. Your modules all receive "app" as an option. Take a look at how our own modules add routes as needed.

This isn't something I can code for you today unfortunately, but hopefully you're getting enough of a hint to apply some nodejs skills and some reading of source code (: