Snippet Widget Show without edit

Fotis Paraskevopoulos

Mar 30, 2016, 9:54:15 AM3/30/16
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Is there any way in which I could “default” some widget options upon adding a widget onto a page?

I want to be able to allow the user to add lets say a “The Blog List” widget, and upon adding it, by default the last 10 blog posts are displayed.

If the user edits the widget and selects “Last 20” or “Last 5” then the corresponding changes take effect after the fact.

Which part should I override for this?

FP

PS = This has nothing to do with the blog module, just using it as an example

Fotis Paraskevopoulos

Apr 15, 2016, 4:14:46 AM4/15/16
to Fotis Paraskevopoulos, apostr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Sorry to bump this, haven’t been able to  figure it

FP

Tom Boutell

Apr 15, 2016, 9:35:51 AM4/15/16
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
This is pretty difficult in 0.5. It'll be easier in 0.6.

On 30 March 2016 at 16:54, Fotis Paraskevopoulos <fot...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

Is there any way in which I could “default” some widget options upon adding a widget onto a page?

I want to be able to allow the user to add lets say a “The Blog List” widget, and upon adding it, by default the last 10 blog posts are displayed.

If the user edits the widget and selects “Last 20” or “Last 5” then the corresponding changes take effect after the fact.

Which part should I override for this?

FP

PS = This has nothing to do with the blog module, just using it as an example

THOMAS BOUTELL, DEV & OPS
P'UNK AVENUE | (215) 755-1330  |  punkave.com

Fotis Paraskevopoulos

Apr 15, 2016, 1:48:42 PM4/15/16
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
Tom,