Mobile version of an apostrophe site (responsive)

Zoltan Sutto

Jun 2, 2015, 9:47:30 AM6/2/15
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
I have to create the mobile version of an aposhtrophe (1.5) site which meets the requirements of Google.
Is there any step by step documentation available for download how to create an apostrophe site ?
How can I integrate a google calendar or doodle into the site?

Any help would be appreciated.
Zoltan

Tom Boutell

Jun 2, 2015, 12:18:18 PM6/2/15
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
Zoltan, are you taking over maintenance of an existing Apostrophe-powered site built by another developer?

THOMAS BOUTELL, DEV & OPS
P'UNK AVENUE | (215) 755-1330  |  punkave.com

Zoltan Sutto

Jun 4, 2015, 2:49:12 AM6/4/15
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
I could say that I am taking over the site. I know about media queries, but not where to start?
- Copy the site apostrophe directories to a new directory
- Create a virtual host with m.domain.name
- Create.css files for different mobile platform
- etc.

I'm a bit puzzled.

Tom Boutell

Jun 4, 2015, 10:08:49 AM6/4/15
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
Zoltan, you can find the complete Apostrophe 1.5 documentation here:

The so-called "designer's guide" is relevant for frontend CSS development (it's a bit misnamed).

I would strongly encourage you not to use A1.5 in new projects, but it's reasonable to keep maintaining it. We do so for several clients.

The designer's guide will help you figure out where your LESS CSS goes. There's also a deployment guide that will give you some insight into how we usually set it up.

As for the mechanics of doing responsive CSS development, that really isn't an Apostrophe question. It's a general CSS question and there are many resources to learn about that online.

Good luck with your project.