Custom admin ui

Vasily Ogar

Aug 3, 2015, 9:26:09 AM8/3/15
to apostrophenow
Hello, I would like to know how to create custom admin ui. I want to separate frontend and backend. Current ui leave as option and enable it if needed from backend. For backend we can use http://startbootstrap.com/template-overviews/sb-admin/

Tom Boutell

Aug 3, 2015, 9:53:57 AM8/3/15
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vasily,

While separating the frontend and backend is somewhat contrary to our design philosophy — for us, making sure the editing experience is not wildly foreign to the regular browsing experience is an important way of reducing the learning curve — the backend is built on APIs which for the most part you could just talk to on your own.

The inline page editing experience could be somewhat trickier for you to disable but not impossible.

In our forthcoming 0.6 version it will be significantly easier to find the APIs you're looking for, but that is still a month or so from being in use in our projects.

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Vasily Ogar <ogar....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, I would like to know how to create custom admin ui. I want to separate frontend and backend. Current ui leave as option and enable it if needed from backend. For backend we can use http://startbootstrap.com/template-overviews/sb-admin/

THOMAS BOUTELL, DEV & OPS
P'UNK AVENUE | (215) 755-1330  |  punkave.com

Vasily Ogar

Aug 3, 2015, 11:44:46 AM8/3/15
to apostrophenow
Thank you for quick reply, I will wait new release