A2: working better on Windows

Tom Boutell

Mar 30, 2015, 11:28:03 AM3/30/15
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
Today Windows deployment of A2 got a lot easier. Specifically you no longer need to run Apostrophe with administrator privileges, because we no longer create symbolic links to asset folders on Windows. Instead we just copy them, which only takes a moment for asset files anyway.

This feature was published as an update to the apostrophe module.

Note that if you are already running as administrator and want to stop, you may find you need to remove the contents of the public/modules folder as administrator first.

(On Linux, MacOS, etc., this is not an issue because symbolic links work for non-root users.)

--

THOMAS BOUTELL, DEV & OPS
P'UNK AVENUE | (215) 755-1330  |  punkave.com

Simon Lévesque

Mar 31, 2015, 12:31:47 PM3/31/15
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
That is awesome thank you ver much for this !
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Tom Boutell

Apr 13, 2015, 7:32:18 PM4/13/15
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
Yep!

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 6:15 PM, <con...@hivemindcomedy.com> wrote:
I've deleted my public/modules folder, now what? Just run node app?