Database Alternatives

Philip Weaver

Aug 17, 2015, 10:24:50 AM8/17/15
to apostrophenow

I'd prefer to use RethinkDB instead of MongoDB. Has anyone created an adapter for RethinkDB? If not what's the scope involved in the codebase in adapting this myself?

Thank you,
Philip Weaver

Tom Boutell

Aug 17, 2015, 10:36:27 AM8/17/15
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Philip,

While that's probably the most compatible choice philosophically, A2 uses MongoDB pretty aggressively. One can get direct access to the collections and they are expected to work like they work in MongoDB. We also use the full text search features of MongoDB.

In A2 0.6 (the "unstable" branch of the apostrophe module), the code is much better factored and it's much easier to figure out where collections are being created, but the expectation is still that you're providing something 100% compatible with MongoDB.

THOMAS BOUTELL, DEV & OPS
P'UNK AVENUE | (215) 755-1330  |  punkave.com