మొదటి చదవని మెసేజ్‌కు స్కిప్ చేయి

Gauri Bhaskaran

చదవనివి,
27 జులై, 2015 1:05:27 AM27-07-15
వరకు apostrophenow

Hi,

      I have a problem. I have a menu item which acts like a dropdown menu. Every time if I click on the menu item it will shows the actual page. I don't want to show the actual page.How can I do this?I am using a website on apostrophenow.com hosted service.The designer earlier who had designed earlier made a dropdown box with items listed below and it was clickable.For eg: On hovering on Service it will give Service1 and Service2

Service>>

Earlier it was designed in this manner that the Service is a clickable link but I dont want it to be clickable link anymore.I have been looking everywhere but I don't get a way to do so.Is it possible because I just have a page setting menu there?

Tom Boutell

చదవనివి,
27 జులై, 2015 9:42:43 AM27-07-15
వరకు apostr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gauri,

The features you see in our standard themes are what we can provide support on, other than referring you to the advanced CSS editing feature, which was probably used to create what you're seeing.

THOMAS BOUTELL, DEV & OPS
P'UNK AVENUE | (215) 755-1330  |  punkave.com

Gauri Bhaskaran

చదవనివి,
27 జులై, 2015 9:53:57 AM27-07-15
వరకు apostr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,
           So in future we can't make changes after the website has been published?

Regards,
Gauri

Tom Boutell

చదవనివి,
27 జులై, 2015 9:55:58 AM27-07-15
వరకు apostr...@googlegroups.com
No, not at all, you can edit the site all you want.

All I am saying is that if you have features that are not found in our standard themes, they were probably built with the advanced CSS editor feature. You are welcome to use that feature but we can't provide detailed tech support on CSS. There are lots of CSS tutorials online though.

Gauri Bhaskaran

చదవనివి,
27 జులై, 2015 10:03:26 AM27-07-15
వరకు apostr...@googlegroups.com
But all I don't see an option of Advanced editor there even I know that but I don't see one.i have enclosed picture below.Thank you
page.png

Tom Boutell

చదవనివి,
27 జులై, 2015 10:05:00 AM27-07-15
వరకు apostr...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, I am not sure this project is on our hosted service at all! May I ask you to paste a link to the actual site?

Gauri Bhaskaran

చదవనివి,
27 జులై, 2015 10:08:20 AM27-07-15
వరకు apostr...@googlegroups.com
That's what the designer told me it was published in

http://www.apostrophenow.com/

Tom Boutell

చదవనివి,
27 జులై, 2015 10:21:25 AM27-07-15
వరకు apostr...@googlegroups.com
Ah, OK. There's some confusion here because there is an open source Apostrophe content management system, which was used for this site:

Specifically, the legacy PHP version was used:

By contrast, http://apostrophenow.com/ is a hosted version of the older Apostrophe with a very specific set of features. That is what I thought you were using.

What you have here is a website built with the open source version. Dropdown menus are not a standard feature so they were presumably built by the developer who put this website together. You'll need to consult that person, or the source code for the page template or layout if that person is not available.

The trac.apostrophenow.org site can get you up to speed on how to maintain an Apostrophe 1.5 site like this one.

There may also be developers in this Google Group who would be interested in helping with the maintenance.

Tom Boutell

చదవనివి,
27 జులై, 2015 10:25:36 AM27-07-15
వరకు apostr...@googlegroups.com
The more I think about it, I do recall that you can configure Apostrophe 1.5 to generate menus with a "depth of two" (nested lists) like this and then use CSS or JS to implement the dropdown effect.

Your question seems to be how to prevent people from clicking on the menu's title. By default you can't do that. You could get that effect through javascript in the browser though.
అందరికీ రిప్లయి పంపు
రచయితకు రిప్లయి ఇవ్వు
ఫార్వర్డ్ చేయి
0 కొత్త మెసేజ్‌లు