An 0.6/2.0 update, and some issues we'd like input on

Tom Boutell

Aug 10, 2016, 7:30:42 PM8/10/16
to apostrophecms
Hello folks,

A2 2.0 (formerly 0.6) is close to its official release! We have already completed several client projects on it.

It's pretty much down to documentation now, filling a few gaps and addressing some deprecation warnings at this point.

Speaking of documentation, there's actually a lot of it already and it covers how to get started now, even though we haven't hit npm publish yet:

(I'm deliberately not linking to the homepage of that site because we haven't updated the one-liner startup advice yet! You'll need to follow the steps in the tutorial to try out 2.0.)

There are a few issues we'd love more input on from the community.

Here's one regarding making it easier to build good browsing filters for "pieces-pages", formerly known as snippet index pages:

And another regarding the best approach to adding AJAX-based, page-transition-free filtering support in the same situation:

And finally: what questions still leap out at you after reading the tutorials and browsing the reference? We think we know what some of those are, but it would be helpful to get a little more empirical input on where the greatest confusion may lie.

Thanks for your thoughts! We're excited to share 2.0 with you.