APML for wordpress

Pfefferle

Nov 22, 2007, 7:43:54 AM11/22/07
to APML
I wrote a litte script to use the tags and categories of wordpress as
APML data. You can find a preview under:

http://notizblog.org/wp-apml.php

Are there any suggestions to make something better or some invalid
data?

Chris Saad

Nov 22, 2007, 7:51:13 AM11/22/07
to apml-...@googlegroups.com
This is pretty cool!

This is a great lightweight solution for wordpress.

Also note that using Engagd Profiler (www.engagd.com) you can give it RSS feeds from your blog and other personal sources to create a living/hosted APML file from wordpress and non-wordpress sources.

Make sure you add your script to the Wiki! http://apml.pbwiki.com

Chris

Particls.com - Are You Paying Attention?
Engagd.com - The Open Attention Platform
Media2.0Workgroup.org - Social, Democratic, Distributed
APML.org - The OPML of Attention

Pfefferle

Nov 22, 2007, 7:59:39 AM11/22/07
to APML
Should I create a new category "Scripts" or should I add it unter
Services?

On 22 Nov., 13:51, "Chris Saad" <ch...@faradaymedia.com> wrote:
> This is pretty cool!
>
> This is a great lightweight solution for wordpress.
>
> Also note that using Engagd Profiler (www.engagd.com) you can give it RSS
> feeds from your blog and other personal sources to create a living/hosted
> APML file from wordpress and non-wordpress sources.
>
> Make sure you add your script to the Wiki!http://apml.pbwiki.com
>
> Chris
>
> On Nov 22, 2007 10:43 PM, Pfefferle <pfeffe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I wrote a litte script to use the tags and categories of wordpress as
> > APML data. You can find a preview under:
>
> >http://notizblog.org/wp-apml.php
>
> > Are there any suggestions to make something better or some invalid
> > data?
>
> --
> Chris Saad
> FaradayMedia.com - For Audiences of One

Ashley Angell

Nov 22, 2007, 8:33:04 AM11/22/07
to apml-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, that's fine I reckon. :)

Another idea (if your open and willing) is to contribute the PHP to the APML
Open Source Library.

Ashley Angell

FaradayMedia.com - For Audiences of One
Particls.com - Are You Paying Attention?
Engagd.com - The Open Attention Platform
Media2.0Workgroup.org - Social, Democratic, Distributed
APML.org - The OPML of Attention

Pfefferle

Nov 22, 2007, 8:40:00 AM11/22/07
to APML
No problem, I can also add it to the open source library if I know
how :)

Pfefferle

Nov 29, 2007, 3:35:18 AM11/29/07
to APML
You can now download the file here: http://notizblog.org/2007/11/28/apml-support-for-wordpress/

Chris Saad

Nov 29, 2007, 4:41:23 PM11/29/07
to apml-...@googlegroups.com
Paul or Ash - can you help Pfefferle work out the open source repo to upload the files?

Chris

Pfefferle

Dec 4, 2007, 2:43:01 AM12/4/07
to APML
So, now there is a second script for wordpress 2.0.x - 2.2.x available
and both scripts are now in the apml-svn.

On 29 Nov., 22:41, "Chris Saad" <ch...@faradaymedia.com> wrote:
> Paul or Ash - can you help Pfefferle work out the open source repo to upload
> the files?
>
> Chris
>
> On Nov 29, 2007 6:35 PM, Pfefferle <pfeffe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > You can now download the file here:
> >http://notizblog.org/2007/11/28/apml-support-for-wordpress/
>
> > On 22 Nov., 14:40, Pfefferle <pfeffe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > No problem, I can also add it to the open source library if I know
> > > how :)

> > the APML

Pfefferle

Dec 7, 2007, 6:10:19 AM12/7/07
to APML
The script for wordpress 2.0.x - 2.2.x now supports Ultimate Tag
Warrior and Simple Tagging.

Pfefferle

Dec 20, 2007, 10:19:53 AM12/20/07
to APML
New Features for WP-APML 2.0:

* WP-APML is now a real plugin, that means you have to place it in the
plugin folder
* There is only one file for 2.x up to 2.3.x
* UTW and Simple Tagging support for older versions
* Rewrite support (you can acces it under http://example.com/wp-apml.php,
http://example.com/apml/ or http://example.com/index.php?apml=apml)
* Includes a HTML Header: <link rel="meta" type="text+xml"
title="APML" href="http://example.com/apml/" />
* A sidebar widget to provide the link

I will do some more tests and if everything works fine I will upload
it to the svn this very day.

One Feature for the next version would be some kind of consumption. I
plan to integrate a search which supports apml files...

Any more suggestions are welcome.