WS-REST2016 is looking for your API work

Ruben Verborgh

Feb 5, 2016, 7:11:56 AM2/5/16
to Hydra, hyperme...@googlegroups.com, api-...@googlegroups.com, rest...@googlegroups.com, rest-d...@yahoogroups.com, hyper...@librelist.com, Thomas Steiner, Carlos Pedrinaci
Dear all,

WS-REST2016 is a workshop at the International Conference on Web Engineering,
taking place on 9 June 2016 in Lugano, Switzerland.
You contribution to this workshop is most welcome!

WS-REST2016 Workshop – http://ws-rest.org/2016/
Submission: 16 March 2016
Notification: 29 April 2016
Workshop: 9 June 2016

We especially welcome research and engineering work in the following areas:

– hypermedia-driven client/server applications
– Web API clients that make use of controls and context in server responses
– Web APIs, platforms, and protocols for the Web of Things
– strategies to tackle the tremendous growth and heterogeneity of APIs
– analyses and studies around the practical, social, and economic factors surrounding the development, use, and adoption of Web APIs and mashups
– lessons learned from the deployment, maintenance and evolution of Web APIs and mashups
– automated discovery, profiling, and testing of Web APIs
– dynamic combination of and interactions between Web APIs

In addition to the topics above, this workshop is also open to:

– applications of the REST architectural style to novel domains
– design patterns and anti-patterns for Web APIs
– automated Web API composition
– inverted REST (REST for push events)
– integration of pub/sub with REST
– REST-compliant transaction models
– frameworks for Web API implementation and consumption
– modeling Web APIs
– resource design and granularity
– evolution, versioning, and extension of Web APIs
– REST protocols beyond HTTP

We welcome full papers (up to 12 pages) and vision/demo/poster/breaking research papers (up to 6 pages), size counted in LNCS format. Contacts with Springer are in progress to publish ICWE workshop papers in a ICWE 2016 satellite event post-proceedings as Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Using the LNCS template is the fast track to the camera-ready version, but we accept publications in other formats, such as HTML or EPUB.

Details and submission: http://ws-rest.org/2016/call-for-papers/

Cheers,

Ruben / Thomas / Carlos
WS-REST2016 organizers

Tom Christie

Feb 18, 2016, 7:23:56 AM2/18/16
to API Craft, public...@w3.org, hyperme...@googlegroups.com, rest...@googlegroups.com, rest-d...@yahoogroups.com, hyper...@librelist.com, to...@google.com, carlos.p...@open.ac.uk
Hi Ruben,

I'm interested in submitting some work, although I'm slightly thrown by the format, being used to making talk submissions, rather than "submit a paper".

Do you have any thoughts/pointers on the style that papers are expected to be submitted in?
Are there any notable formalities, conventions or requirements I should be aware of when submitting?
Are papers arising from a non-academic context also expected/encouraged?

Many thanks!

  Tom

Ruben Verborgh

Feb 18, 2016, 7:50:01 AM2/18/16
to hyperme...@googlegroups.com, API Craft, Hydra, rest...@googlegroups.com, rest-d...@yahoogroups.com, hyper...@librelist.com, Thomas Steiner, carlos.p...@open.ac.uk
Hi Tom,

> I'm interested in submitting some work

Great!

> although I'm slightly thrown by the format, being used to making talk submissions, rather than "submit a paper".

Yes. This workshop's format is inspired by scientific conferences,
where there always is a published document,
which you then (more or less) explain in a talk.

That doesn't necessarily mean we value paper more than talks;
it just means that there is a written work that people can read and refer to afterwards.

> Do you have any thoughts/pointers on the style that papers are expected to be submitted in?

Absolutely! You can have a look at submissions of previous years:
http://ws-rest.org/2014/program/
http://ws-rest.org/2013/program/
http://ws-rest.org/2012/program/

Try to find a paper close to your interests/topic to get an idea of what people typically write.

> Are there any notable formalities, conventions or requirements I should be aware of when submitting?

Not really, except that, if you want this paper to be officially published in the proceedings,
you will need to follow the LNCS template (https://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0).

All other accepted papers will be published on the website.

> Are papers arising from a non-academic context also expected/encouraged?

Most certainly! This workshop aims to bring together practitioners and researchers.

Best,

Ruben

Edgar Sioson

Feb 18, 2016, 9:28:20 PM2/18/16
to API Craft, hyperme...@googlegroups.com, public...@w3.org, rest...@googlegroups.com, rest-d...@yahoogroups.com, hyper...@librelist.com, to...@google.com, carlos.p...@open.ac.uk
Hi Ruben,

I can't seem to find registration information, I'm curious about the costs.

Also, do you have to register for ICWE2016 in order to attend the WS-REST2016 workshop by itself?

Thanks,

Edgar

Ruben Verborgh

Feb 19, 2016, 9:43:28 AM2/19/16
to Edgar Sioson, API Craft, hyperme...@googlegroups.com, Hydra, rest...@googlegroups.com, rest-d...@yahoogroups.com, hyper...@librelist.com, Thomas Steiner, carlos.p...@open.ac.uk
Hi Edgar,

> I can't seem to find registration information, I'm curious about the costs.

The organizers just told me that the registration information will be online soon.
I think the prices will be similar to last year's.

> Also, do you have to register for ICWE2016 in order to attend the WS-REST2016 workshop by itself?

It will be possible to register for one day or three days or four days.

Best,

Ruben

sgoto

Feb 19, 2016, 12:45:06 PM2/19/16
to api-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 4:23 AM, Tom Christie <christ...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Ruben,

I'm interested in submitting some work, although I'm slightly thrown by the format, being used to making talk submissions, rather than "submit a paper".

+1 for a little bit more information/guidelines for engineers working in the industry unfamiliar with submitting academic papers to academic/research conferences.

Do you have any thoughts/pointers on the style that papers are expected to be submitted in?
Are there any notable formalities, conventions or requirements I should be aware of when submitting?
Are papers arising from a non-academic context also expected/encouraged?

Many thanks!

  Tom

f u cn rd ths u cn b a gd prgmr !

Ruben Verborgh

Mar 23, 2016, 11:50:21 AM3/23/16
to Hydra, hyperme...@googlegroups.com, api-...@googlegroups.com, rest...@googlegroups.com, rest-d...@yahoogroups.com, hyper...@librelist.com, Thomas Steiner, Carlos Pedrinaci
Dear all,

Just to let you know that the WS-REST2016 deadline has been extended to 30 March,
and that accepted papers will be published with Springer LNCS.

So if you have something interesting, please consider submitting :-)

Best,

Ruben