Hypermedia API Engineer needed for network security firm

Mellissa Bixler

Feb 4, 2015, 11:38:13 AM2/4/15
to api-...@googlegroups.com
Hello!
Our company is searching for someone that can step in to mold our api. It is a remote position unless you prefer to work in our office in Maryland.The data this api exposes include network security analysis observations that present challenging and fun problems to solve due to their volatility and load (e.g. 'Big Data'). In addition, we need to model rich data types for data visualization of entire networks' assets (devices).

The company is an established network security firm based out of Silver Spring, MD and is composed of highly-regarded data scientists and engineers who are changing the way we approach securing our networks. If you interested, please take a look (below) at the job posting I copied here and contact me. Thank you!

API Engineer for Cutting Edge Cybersecurity Company

RedJack provides our customers actionable information and alerts about their networks to prevent breaches, defend against attacks, and overcome adversaries and we need a talented API Engineer to join our team!

As an API Engineer, you’ll be deeply involved in RedJack’s entire product pipeline. You will be working closely with multiple teams to define and refine the interaction between RedJack’s network security platform, the web, and our multiple distributions. You’ll analyze our systems, define, and build new network security APIs.

Your role will be to understand the interactions between the API and other dependencies and customers of the API and to design crisp, sensible, and optimized APIs to support those needs. Strong discipline in engineering design, architecture and testability of code are needed to support this dynamic environment, as is an eagerness to be involved in a fast-paced environment.

What you’ll do:
  • Analyze all of RedJack’s product systems
  • Document and determine all data protocols
  • Architect, design, document, and implement secure and stable companywide API infrastructure for internal and external customers
  • Own the API framework. API requests must be highly reliable, highly available, and low latency
  • Program on the front and backend in Python, C, Javascript or other suitable language
  • Enhance and create new internal administration tools
  • Act as a point of contact for getting data into and out of our platform
  • Help users track down bugs
  • Develop relationships with key API consumers
  • Write code samples, articles, best practices, and tutorials

Required Qualifications:

  • 3-5 years of software development experience
  • Knowledge of API design principles, caching strategies, and Hypermedia API's. (HATEOAS)
  • Experience working with large data systems
  • Experience with Git, Python, JavaScript and Linux
  • Experience with OAuth
  • Experience building and supporting enterprise high-availability 24/7 systems
  • Experience with relational data modeling, databases and SQL
  • Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent
  • US citizenship required

About RedJack LLC

RedJack is proud to be a value-driven organization. Our deeply-held convictions spur everything we do, from the technology we build, to the projects we take on, to the results we achieve. Our team is small, selective, and brilliant. While we prefer to grow slowly and deliberately, we're always on the lookout for top-notch talent to join our ranks.

At RedJack, we believe that the best work comes from being truly engaged. As an employee here, you'll enjoy autonomy, purposeful projects, and a full complement of benefits, including health, dental, vision, life, 401k, and training to improve your mastery.