Overview of JSON Hypermedia Link Formats

Jan Schütze

Apr 23, 2015, 8:47:20 AM4/23/15
to hyperme...@googlegroups.com, api-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

there are lots of different ways to express links/actions in JSON. Depending on the media type lots of started to use a links object and use the relation as key. Or a links array and link items with a rel property.

To have a good comparison between those media types, I wrote down which media type (HAL, Collection+JSON, Hydra/JSON-LD, Mason, Siren and UBER) uses which approach.

http://dracoblue.net/dev/overview-of-json-hypermedia-link-formats/

I hope I got each of the media types right - if there is some information incorrect: I am happy to change that!

Maybe it's helpful for somebody, who is thinking about what media type to choose for the next project.

Regards

Jan

mca

Apr 23, 2015, 6:37:24 PM4/23/15
to hyperme...@googlegroups.com, api-...@googlegroups.com
Jan:

good post!

FWIW, in the "Describing allowed/expected HTTP methods" section, it might help to mention that UBER supports a constrained set of actions (read, append, partial, remove, replace), not just that "append" maps to POST. just a nit, really.

thanks for sharing.

cheers.