PRESTO - Pragmatic REST Optimization

Bill Costa

Jul 21, 2015, 10:55:17 AM7/21/15
to api-...@googlegroups.com

Brian Mulloy, in his July 5th, 2013 post API Design: A New Model for Pragmatic REST proposed...

Let's create a foundation for this new pragmatic REST model so that we (the pragmatists) have something to refer to when we discuss API design. My only other request is that we choose a nice pronounceable acronym to go with it.

I humbly propose "PRESTO".   I believe "Optimization" is a reasonable choice for the last word.  But a few others that come to mind include "Objectives", "Ontology", or "Orthodoxy".

I'm going to take cover now, awaiting the fusillade of rotten tomatoes.

...BC

Austin Wright

Jul 26, 2015, 10:13:55 PM7/26/15
to API Craft, bill....@alumni.unh.edu
How does the proposed class of network APIs fit into this table?

Austin.