Need help to design Api for ecommerce applications!

akshit mahajan

Jan 28, 2015, 4:09:53 PM1/28/15
to api-...@googlegroups.com
I want to design an API that could support the development and integration of ecommerce applications. Please suggest the best practices to follow.
Also how do I decide what should be the base architecture of the api and what technologies should I use to develop this API. Shall I use REST style or what?

Jørn Wildt

Jan 28, 2015, 4:18:06 PM1/28/15
to api-...@googlegroups.com
That is a very broad question ... may I suggest some reading to get you started?

- "Rest In Practice" http://amzn.com/0596805829

- "RESTful Web APIs" http://amzn.com/1449358063

- "Web API Design" https://pages.apigee.com/web-api-design-website-h-ebook-registration.html

- "Building Hypermedia APIs with HTML5 and Node" http://www.amazon.com/Building-Hypermedia-APIs-HTML5-Node/dp/1449306578

- http://transform.ca.com/REST-API-Design-Guide.html (haven't read it yet myself though)

Have fun.

/Jørn

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 10:09 PM, akshit mahajan <er.aks...@gmail.com> wrote:
I want to design an API that could support the development and integration of ecommerce applications. Please suggest the best practices to follow.
Also how do I decide what should be the base architecture of the api and what technologies should I use to develop this API. Shall I use REST style or what?

MattM

Jan 29, 2015, 12:26:46 PM1/29/15
to api-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Akshit,

It would also be good to read through the posts in this group.  There are many great discussions on API design topics that could be helpful to you.

Thanks, m@

akshit mahajan

Jan 29, 2015, 4:04:05 PM1/29/15
to api-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks jorn & matt for the suggestions and links.

I am following the group actively to counter my problems.

Warm Regards

Akshit Mahajan