API Bunny Challenge

Steven Willmott

Apr 2, 2015, 12:56:32 PM4/2/15
to api-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Having a little fun with APIs if you are Hypermedia minded : http://apibunny.com/. Should be super easy for anyone on this list (hopefully we coded it right ;)).

 steve.

Ryan Connolly

Apr 2, 2015, 2:36:15 PM4/2/15
to api-...@googlegroups.com
No CORS? :(

Nicolas Grenié

Apr 7, 2015, 6:42:48 AM4/7/15
to api-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan,

What do you mean no CORS?
The API could be called using any HTTP client like curl, Postman, or HTTP libraries in your favorite language.

Let me know if you need more help,
Best

Ryan Connolly

Apr 7, 2015, 6:49:46 AM4/7/15
to api-...@googlegroups.com

For kicks I attempted a client with jquery ajax but ran into CORS issues because of the cross domain requests. I didn't see any CORS headers so I then proxied the requests which worked fine.  Fun stuff :-)

Nicolas Grenié

Apr 7, 2015, 6:59:53 AM4/7/15
to api-...@googlegroups.com
Understood :)

My bad, did not think of CORS. I would put it on my list for 2016 ;)

Glad you liked it, thanks for playing!

Ryan Connolly

Apr 7, 2015, 7:08:13 AM4/7/15
to api-...@googlegroups.com

That would be great! I send this to all my colleagues when the link is posted too.  I thought it might be fun to try to draw the map as doors are entered, etc. Basically, craft a UI from the links as they are discovered.

Nicolas Grenie

Apr 7, 2015, 7:34:24 AM4/7/15
to api-...@googlegroups.com
Then it's not an API anymore ;)

You could build the UI, pretty easily thought..

Nicolas Grenié - Hacker in residence
3SCALE | Out-of-the-Box API Management Platform
Tel: +1 415 351 9635
Web: http://nicolasgrenie.com
Twitter: @picsoung <http://twitter.com/picsoung>
Github: picsoung <http://github.io/picsoung>

Ryan Connolly

Apr 7, 2015, 7:37:57 AM4/7/15
to api-...@googlegroups.com

Haha, it would be to me. And that would be my challenge. I've already navigated it manually so the logical next step was to navigate it programmatically. Thanks again!