First project: DSA (Driving Standards Agency) Booking system API - Struggling to find it.

Matt H

May 10, 2016, 9:03:30 AM5/10/16
to API Craft
Hello everyone,

This is my first ever project of programming software and I've already stumbled at a basic hurdle.

I rang the DSA to try and get their API Key, and they said they didn't have a clue with what I was talking about. I know that other businesses use their API, could anyone give me any advice please?

Thanks,
Matt

Tom Christie

May 11, 2016, 6:19:08 AM5/11/16
to API Craft
What makes you sure the DVSA have a public API - I don't see anything listed publicly?

I'd try asking http://twitter.com/DVLAgovuk - Also this article https://gds.blog.gov.uk/2013/03/12/were-not-appy-not-appy-at-all/ mentions John Ploughman as being involved in a recent redesign of the booking system - you might try asking him very nicely on twitter if the DVSA has any publicly available API for the booking system (or whatever it is you want to plug into)

All the best,

  Tom