Contacting APE-Server fails.

graetbasle

Mar 3, 2015, 8:15:00 AM3/3/15
to ape-p...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to set up APE-Server but it doesn't work for me. Output:

Running test : Contacting APE Server
Can't contact APE Server. Please check the your APE Server is running and the folowing url is pointing to your APE server : http://ape.ape-test.local:6969
Something went wrong. If you can't fix it by yourself post a message on the newsgroups with the output below or join our IRC channel

I'm using dnsmasq and have done everything written in the DNS Guide. I added
address=/ape.ape-test.local/MYIP
to the dnsmasq.conf file.

Running nmap on my server for ape.ape-test.local prints:

Starting Nmap 5.21 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2015-03-03 14:11 CET
Nmap scan report for ape.ape-test.local (xxx)
Host is up (0.0000060s latency).
rDNS record for xxx
Not shown: 994 closed ports
PORT STATE SERVICE
21/tcp open ftp
22/tcp open ssh
53/tcp open domain
80/tcp open http
3306/tcp open mysql
6969/tcp open acmsoda

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.10 seconds

So it should be working, shouldn't it?

My /etc/apache2/sites-available/default file looks like this:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost

DocumentRoot /var/www
<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<Directory /var/www/>
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
<Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
AllowOverride None
Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log

# alert, emerg.
LogLevel warn

CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/"
<Directory "/usr/share/doc/">
Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128
</Directory>
ServerAlias ape.MYIP
ServerAlias *.ape.MYIP
</VirtualHost>

Of course every "MYIP" is in real my ip address.

Thanks for your help!

peter.r...@verpeteren.nl

Mar 4, 2015, 10:43:56 AM3/4/15
to ape-p...@googlegroups.com
Hai graetbasle

Did you try to run the checkTool?
serverside: main.ape.js
include('utils/checkTool.js');
and run the appropiate test scripts? APE_JSF/Tools/Check/index.html

I am guessing that the "./bin/ape.conf" "domain = " value is not
corresponding with "APE_JSF/Demos/config.js" "APE.Config.domain = "
value