APE with stunnel4 not working with SSLv3 - can we use TLSv1.2 ?

waldo22

Mar 27, 2016, 11:43:12 AM3/27/16
to APE Project
I followed the instructions in the wiki for setting up APE with stunnel.

stunnel4 5.06 on Debian 8 "Jessie" no longer supports SSLv3 and won't start with the sslVersion = SSLv3 directive, even when specifying options = -NO_SSLv3.

It is no longer practical to use SSLv3 on modern distributions due to all the deprecation of SSL3 to mitigate POODLE.

How can I get apeCore.js and apeCoreSession.js to connect using TLS 1.2?

I have the APE.Config.secure = true; directive set in apeClientJS.js.

I'm happy to change the code if you can point me in the right direction.

-Wes

Pablo Tejada

Mar 27, 2016, 11:59:06 AM3/27/16
to APE Project

https://github.com/APE-Project/APE_Server/issues/58

If you still need to use APE I would suggest setting up a secure nginx server as a reverse proxy.

---
APE Project (Ajax Push Engine)
Official website : http://www.ape-project.org/
Git Hub : http://github.com/APE-Project/

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "APE Project" group.

Sincerely,

Pablo Tejada

From Mobile

waldo22

Mar 27, 2016, 1:39:23 PM3/27/16
to APE Project
Thanks for the reply.

I didn't realize that APE was End of Life.

-Wes

Louis Charette

Mar 27, 2016, 1:39:49 PM3/27/16
to ape-p...@googlegroups.com
Using something like HAProxy could also work (never tried SSL):

  - Louis