Can't get APE server to start on Hostgator Dedicated Centos.

Marty Kerstetter

Dec 5, 2015, 2:24:13 PM12/5/15
to APE Project
At the command line ( putty ) "service aped start" tells me that it can't find aped in "init.d". init.d is a symlink to rc.d/init.d. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Marty Kerstetter

Dec 5, 2015, 3:22:05 PM12/5/15
to APE Project
I also get this in putty when I navigate into the folder with aped

root@bum [/etc/ape/bin]# ./aped
-bash: ./aped: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Louis Charette

Dec 5, 2015, 4:06:14 PM12/5/15
to ape-p...@googlegroups.com
What kind of server? How did you installed?

Envoyé de mon iPhone
---
APE Project (Ajax Push Engine)
Official website : http://www.ape-project.org/
Git Hub : http://github.com/APE-Project/

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "APE Project" group.

Marty Kerstetter

Dec 5, 2015, 9:57:11 PM12/5/15
to APE Project
It is a hostgator (hosting company) dedicated server with CentOs 6. I installed it thru putty (command line) build.sh

Louis Charette

Dec 8, 2015, 12:28:36 PM12/8/15
to ape-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Did the build returned an error?

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Marty Kerstetter

Dec 8, 2015, 1:45:47 PM12/8/15
to APE Project
No, no errors returned

peter.r...@verpeteren.nl

Dec 8, 2015, 2:04:04 PM12/8/15
to ape-p...@googlegroups.com
hai Marty

I think that these might be rather trivial things:

1) At the command line ( putty ) "service aped start" tells me that it
can't find aped in "init.d". init.d is a symlink to rc.d/init.d. Any
help is greatly appreciated.
IIRC there was no /etc/init.d/aped script in the 'source'
distribution.
however there was one on the wiki.
2) bash: ./aped: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
This looks like the windows newlines, I guess that your 'sh' shell
does not like these.

Peter

Marty Kerstetter schreef op 2015-12-05 21:22:
> I also get this in putty when I navigate into the folder with aped
>
> root@bum [/etc/ape/bin]# ./aped
> -bash: ./aped: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
>
> --
> --
> ---
> APE Project (Ajax Push Engine)
> Official website : http://www.ape-project.org/ [2]
> Git Hub : http://github.com/APE-Project/ [3]
>
> ---
> Groups "APE Project" group.
> send an email to ape-project...@googlegroups.com [4].
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://groups.google.com/group/ape-project?hl=en
> [2] http://www.ape-project.org/
> [3] http://github.com/APE-Project/
> [4] mailto:ape-project...@googlegroups.com
> [5] https://groups.google.com/d/optout

Marty Kerstetter

Dec 8, 2015, 5:06:50 PM12/8/15
to APE Project, peter.r...@verpeteren.nl
Thanks Peter

I created the "aped" file with these contents manually,

I edited it to my environment and saved is as "aped" in the /etc/rc.d/init.d folder because the init.d folder is a symlink to rc.d/init.d on the Centos 6 server i have from hostgator. I added the service to the boot sequence with this : chkconfig --add aped. Now when I try to start the service with : service start aped, I get the error : env : /etc/init.d/aped : no such file or directory. There is no directory "init.d" it is a link to /etc/rc.d/init.d. Ive edited the config files, but still get the same error