Iddle APE server is eating 100% of CPU

aig...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2016, 6:23:29 PM8/4/16
to APE Project

Just installed APE-server on a Debian Jessie machine: Intel Xeon E3 1225v2 4 c/ 4 t 3.2 GHz+ 32 GB

Server load from 0 jumped to 1 and APE-daemon process is using 100% of CPU.

Is this normal? Never have used APE server but wanted to try it with Cometchat. How is it possible that it uses 100% of CPU on an empty server with no users, almost no traffic?

top - 14:19:47 up 58 days, 28 min,  1 user,  load average: 1.00, 1.02, 1.00
Tasks: 202 total,   2 running, 200 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
%Cpu(s):  0.0 us,  0.0 sy,  0.0 ni, 99.9 id,  0.0 wa,  0.0 hi,  0.0 si,  0.0 st
KiB Mem:  32836324 total,  2974040 used, 29862284 free,   258220 buffers
KiB Swap:  1046520 total,        0 used,  1046520 free.  2031532 cached Mem

19186 daemon    20   0   43276   2984   1840 R 100.0  0.0  10:56.62 aped

aig...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2016, 6:34:34 AM8/5/16
to APE Project
P.S. Installed it as follows:

dpkg -i /APE_Server-1.1.2-amd64.deb

Louis Charette

Aug 6, 2016, 1:15:29 AM8/6/16
to ape-p...@googlegroups.com
You might want to do yourself a favour and use something else than APE. This project hasn’t been updated in almost two years. See : https://github.com/APE-Project/APE_Server/issues/58

  - Louis

Le 5 août 2016 à 06:34, aig...@gmail.com a écrit :

P.S. Installed it as follows:

dpkg -i /APE_Server-1.1.2-amd64.deb

---
APE Project (Ajax Push Engine)
Official website : http://www.ape-project.org/
Git Hub : http://github.com/APE-Project/

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "APE Project" group.

aig...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2016, 5:38:43 AM8/7/16
to APE Project
What are alternatives of APE?
I need APE for Cometchat.

RakonDark

Louis Charette

Aug 7, 2016, 8:20:40 AM8/7/16
to ape-p...@googlegroups.com
Doesn't comet chat come with its own backed server?

For a complete chat solution you can check out Rocket Chat.

--
Envoyé de mon iPhone

aig...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2016, 4:28:31 AM8/10/16
to APE Project
Louis, the Rocket Chat is something different.

Cometchat is a Facebook-style chat that appears in the right corner of the browser window and users can chat one-to one.

Cometchat has third-party transport files for beacunpush, APE-server etc but it doesn't come with its own backed server. I have no idea how to use with with node.js etc.

That's why I want to install Ape server. Building from source doesn't work either - millions of warnings like:

libape-spidermonkey.c:684:1: warning: variable ‘g_ape’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
libape-spidermonkey.c: In function ‘apechannel_sm_get_property’:

and everything ended up with:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysac
make: *** [modules] Error 1

A_B

Aug 10, 2016, 8:02:18 PM8/10/16
to APE Project
I was also looking for a way to get cometchat working with Ape Server. Unfortunately, Cometchat have dropped support for it and their 3rd party alternative transports.

This has been deprecated from version 5.8.0 and support for this will be discontinued after 29th February, 2016.

Our Third-party Alternatives currently do not support our Mobile Apps, SDK or Desktop Messenger. If you would like to reduce server load or speed up message delivery, we suggest using CometService.

If you don't want to pay for CometService you are pretty much stuck. You might be able to get someone to customize it, but it might just be easier to find new chat software. Sucks, I know.

Rendy ariawindana

Aug 12, 2016, 9:05:33 AM8/12/16
to ape-p...@googlegroups.com
i use jabber now :D

---
APE Project (Ajax Push Engine)
Official website : http://www.ape-project.org/
Git Hub : http://github.com/APE-Project/

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "APE Project" group.

Rendy ariawindana

Jln. Daya Prakarsa no.10, Komplek Goodyear,
Sindang barang, Bogor 16610

Tel       : (62-251) 8361272
Mobile : 0818 0504 0354
email   : rendy[dot]ariawindana[at]gmail[dot]com