Cycled stacks frozen?

Nicolas

Jun 19, 2016, 10:36:09 AM6/19/16
to APE Project
Hi there,

I have had lots of issues with my players' connection. After looking more closely, I have finally found one possible root cause.

Some commands never reach the server. I then resend the same command. But these resent commands never reach the server either.

This is contradictory with the fact that other commands still get through, like for example calling this.core.start() which correctly receive a SESSION response or sending a message to a channel/pipe.

So basically, in these instances, APE is half-broken. It still has connexion and can send things but cannot send my custom commands.

After a lot of investigations, I have just found out that from the moment the problems arise, this.core.request.cycledStack.stack is never reset and its size keeps growing as I try to resend the commands again and again.

This indicates that this.core.request.cycledStack is broken and does not manage to send anything anymore.

Does this ring a bell to anyone? Do you know if there is an easy fix to this? Why would this.core.request.cycledStack become unstable?

I'll keep investigating, but in the meantime if anyone has any clue, that would probably save me some time.

Thanks in advance!

Pablo Tejada

Jun 19, 2016, 12:23:29 PM6/19/16
to APE Project

Hey,

Are you setting a custom timer? It is strange that there is no js error if it stops working. My guess is the stack are flushed by an interval or a timeout upon adding new elements.

Did you also try manually flushing the stack with send()?

---
APE Project (Ajax Push Engine)
Official website : http://www.ape-project.org/
Git Hub : http://github.com/APE-Project/

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "APE Project" group.

Sincerely,

Pablo Tejada

From Mobile

Nicolas

Jun 19, 2016, 1:06:07 PM6/19/16
to APE Project
Yes, I have set the APE cyclestack timer at 60ms instead I believe of 350ms by default.

I have not tried flushing the stack yet. For the moment, I have just forced a send to see if that is enough to solve the issue. I'll flush the stack if that's not enough!

Thanks for helping!

Nicolas.

Nicolas

Jun 19, 2016, 4:57:07 PM6/19/16
to APE Project
And yes, there is no Javascript error that I can see. Weird.

Nicolas

Jun 21, 2016, 5:44:26 PM6/21/16
to APE Project
Indeed.

Calling this.core.request.cycledStack.send() solves the issue.

So when a problem arises, I set a replacement timer to call this again repeatedly.

This solves a good portion of connection issues.

However I am not sure it is not perfect yet. I'll post another subject on that.

Thanks!