Does anyone have a load testing script

Fin

Nov 25, 2014, 7:15:56 AM11/25/14
to ape-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi again all,
I was wondering if anyone has a load testing/simulation script that they wouldn't mind sharing. I have a running in test environment on a old Dell 2850 and want to get an idea of what it should be capable of in terms of concurrency and message throughput, with special regard to CPU load and network bandwidth. This server is a dual Zeon 3.2 GHz (4 cores total... it's old), with 16 GB RAM and twin gigabit NICs. I have several other machines that I can run a testing script from, but don't really know where to start when it comes to writing one.

Thanks in advance,

Fin

Fin

Nov 25, 2014, 7:19:40 AM11/25/14
to ape-p...@googlegroups.com
Forgot to mention: I realise that there is a 65556 max logical limit to the number of simultaneous outbound sessions. Am I correct in thinking that this number is on a per IP basis (due to socket limitations) and therefore could be increased by connecting to different addresses on the server.

Louis Charette

Nov 25, 2014, 6:46:24 PM11/25/14
to ape-p...@googlegroups.com
Pablo had this script (which doesn’t seems to work anymore): http://ptejada.com/script/ApePubSub/demo/payloadTest/#lp

It basically send hundreds of commands to APE at once (I used that script for 10 000 command once to test something). You can open multiple windows to simulate multiple clients.
Unless you have more than tens of thousand of simultaneous clients, APE doesn’t require much ressources and usually stays quite fast (Usually, that is if you’re using websockets). For less than a hundred simultaneous clients, I never had any problem running APE on my Atom 4GB ram server (At this point, Apache is using more ressources).

Don’t forget to share your results !

  - Louis

---
APE Project (Ajax Push Engine)
Official website : http://www.ape-project.org/
Git Hub : http://github.com/APE-Project/

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "APE Project" group.

Fin

Nov 29, 2014, 8:16:13 AM11/29/14
to ape-p...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Louis,
I visited the link that you posted and can see that the idea was for a script which would do almost exactly what I need. Would you know how I might get in touch with Pablo in order to try to get a copy of his script for testing my own install.

BTW sorry for the slow reply, been caught up in work.

Cheers,

Fin

Louis Charette

Nov 29, 2014, 10:50:49 AM11/29/14
to ape-p...@googlegroups.com

Pablo Tejada

Nov 29, 2014, 12:05:25 PM11/29/14
to ape-p...@googlegroups.com

Fin,

Everything is on Github :D
https://github.com/ptejada/ApePubSub/tree/master/demo/payloadTest

The syntax to build a similar test for ape_jsf might be a little different though.

Fin

Dec 1, 2014, 5:59:15 AM12/1/14
to ape-p...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Pablo,