[apbs-users] ball surface vs flat surface

sacha uljon

Oct 6, 2015, 8:45:29 AM10/6/15
to apbs-...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hello,
I am trying to make a figure of a protein and a peptide ligand.  Using the default settings, the protein surface has a ping-pong ball like texture that makes the ligand hard to see.  Others have used the .pymol generate>vacuum potential command to get a flatter surface where the ligand/peptide can be more easily seen.  (sort of "pops out") How is this done in APS? I have tried randomly adjusting variables, but surprisingly that did not help.
I am using the .pymol plug in-- which variable do I change?  Thanks in advance,
Sacha

Thomas Holder

Oct 6, 2015, 10:06:07 AM10/6/15
to sacha uljon, apbs-...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Sacha,

In the PyMOL APBS Plugin, when showing "Molecular Surface", you should set:
[ ] Solvent accessible surface
[x] Color by potential on sol. acc. surf.

These checkboxes control two settings, see:
http://wiki.pymol.org/index.php/surface_ramp_above_mode

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Thomas