Protein surface charge density

22 просмотра

Kherim Willems

не прочитано,
7 янв. 2015 г., 04:30:2907.01.2015
– apbs-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to calculate the surface charge density of specific sections of a protein (i.e. charge/SASA).
Is it possible to output the solvent accessible surface area in a volumetric format (i.e. amount of surface area present in a volume unit)?

Kind regards,
Kherim

Nathan Baker

не прочитано,
10 янв. 2015 г., 11:20:1310.01.2015
– Kherim Willems, apbs-...@googlegroups.com, Nathan Baker, apbs-...@lists.sourceforge.net, Elizabeth Jurrus, Keith
Hello --

This feature is not currently available in APBS but we would be happy to add it to our list of requested features.

Thanks,

Nathan

Kherim Willems

не прочитано,
12 янв. 2015 г., 04:57:3512.01.2015
– apbs-...@googlegroups.com, Nathan...@pnl.gov, elizabet...@pnnl.gov, kherim...@gmail.com, ke...@pnnl.gov, apbs-...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Nathan,

That would be great! Do you know of any software that can do the same?

Cheers,
Kherim

Baker, Nathan

не прочитано,
12 янв. 2015 г., 22:01:0412.01.2015
– Kherim Willems, apbs-...@googlegroups.com, Jurrus, Elizabeth R, Star, Keith, apbs-...@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi Kherim –

I do not.  However, you might be able to get an estimate by multiplying atomic charge by the solvent-accessible surface area (SASA) associated with each atom.  You can evaluate the per-atom SASA in an APBS APOLAR (http://www.poissonboltzmann.org/docs/apbs-overview/#apolar) calculation with the CALCENERGY COMPS keyword (http://www.poissonboltzmann.org/docs/apbs-overview/#apolarkeywords).

Thanks,

--

Nathan Baker

Laboratory Fellow and Technical Group Manager

Applied Statistics and Computational Modeling Group

Pacific Northwest National Laboratory

+1-509-375-3997

http://goo.gl/U9xu4t

Baker, Nathan

не прочитано,
20 янв. 2015 г., 20:48:3620.01.2015
– Kherim Willems, apbs-...@googlegroups.com, Jurrus, Elizabeth R, apbs-...@lists.sourceforge.net, Wade, Rebecca, Star, Keith

Hi Kherim –

I know that Rebecca Wade’s MolSurfer software has provided visualization support for these types of quantities – I’m not sure if she has quantitative output as well.  I’ve Cc’ed her on this email.

Thanks,