[apbs-users] Installing APBS on Centos 7

Begay, Shanadeen

Oct 22, 2016, 11:32:06 AM10/22/16
to apbs-...@lists.sourceforge.net

Hello Users!

I am requesting the instructions and make commands to install APBS and PDB2PQR on Centos7.

Thanks for any guidance and help.

Sincerely,

Shanadeen Begay, PhD, Visiting Scientist

Ondrechen Research Group

Northeastern University, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry

125 Hurtig Hall, 360 Huntington Ave., Boston, MA 02115

Nathan Baker

Oct 22, 2016, 11:49:06 AM10/22/16
to Begay, Shanadeen, dave....@pnnl.gov, Brandi-Lozano, Juan M, apbs-...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi --

There are instructions at https://github.com/Electrostatics/apbs-pdb2pqr/blob/master/apbs/README.md.  Please let us know if you have trouble with these.

Thank you,

Nathan

Begay, Shanadeen

Nov 2, 2016, 11:48:07 AM11/2/16
to Nathan Baker, Yazlovitsky, Boris, dave....@pnnl.gov, Brandi-Lozano, Juan M, apbs-...@lists.sourceforge.net

Hello Nathan,

Thank you for the response! Boris and I followed the instructions in the link that you sent. The way we got 'init' the git repository was to run:

git init <module>

for each module listed .gitmodules  This step completed successfully.

Next, when we run:

cmake <path to apbs src>

the process exits with the text:

"-- Supplemental tools enabled
-- Building mesh
-- libraries: apbs_generic;apbs_mg;apbs_pmgc
-- Building manip
-- libraries: apbs_generic;apbs_mg;apbs_pmgc
-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!"

Note: If we set LIBRARY_INSTALL_PATH, APBS_ROOT, HEADER_INSTALL_PATH, EXECUTABLE_INSTALL_PATH we get the same message.

Question 1: Is there any output file where the errors that occurred are logged?

Question 2: What other options or definitions should be given to cmake in order to create the correct Makefile?

Please let us know if we can provide any other info. or output for your analysis.

Thank you and best regards!

Shanadeen

Shanadeen Begay, PhD, Visiting Scientist

Ondrechen Research Group

Northeastern University, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry

125 Hurtig Hall, 360 Huntington Ave., Boston, MA 02115

Cell: 617 771 3304 Email: shanadeen[at]gmail.com, s.begay[at]northeastern.edu, scbega[at]bu.edu, sbegay[at]mit.edu