error using user-defined dielectric maps

Ravi Bhadauria

Oct 14, 2016, 12:01:25 PM10/14/16
to APBS users
Hello all,

I am having a little trouble using the user defined dielectric maps in APBS 1.4.2. I first run a mg-dummy calculation to write a dielectric map (X, Y, and Z) in the domain. Then I modify them to represent a spatial variation of the dielectric coefficient. When I run a mg-manual calculation (grid properties exactly same as mg-dummy calculation), I get the following error:

CALCULATION #1: MULTIGRID
  Setting up problem...
  Vpbe_ctor:  Using max ion radius (2.2 A) for exclusion function
fillcoCoefMap:  You need to use all coefficient maps!
VASSERT: ASSERTION FAILURE!  filename /home/kfilgg/apbs-pdb2pqr/apbs/src/mg/vpmg.c, line 4513, (0)
Aborted (core dumped)

What additional maps are required here? Here are the contents of the mg-manual calculation input file.

read
  mol pqr ./vmdwalls_APBS.pqr
  diel dx dielx_interior_modMD.dx diely_interior_modMD.dx dielz_interior_modMD.dx
end
elec
  mg-manual
  dime 161 161 161
  glen 112.0  112.0  50.72
  gcent mol 1
  mol 1
  usemap diel 1
  npbe
  bcfl mdh
  srfm smol
  chgm spl2
  ion charge 1 conc 1.3 radius 1.175
  ion charge -1 conc 1.3 radius 2.2
  pdie  1.0
  sdie  78.54
  sdens 50.0
  srad  1.4
  swin  0.3
  temp  298
  calcenergy no
  calcforce no
  write pot dx meanEpot_npbe_full_wchg_dielmap_coarse
end
quit