[apbs-users] help

peyman fahimi

Mar 24, 2015, 2:15:06 AM3/24/15
to apbs-...@lists.sourceforge.net
Dear all

I am student of physics from Iran.
I want a complete data list of potential values around DNA in terms of distance. In fact, I want to calculate the probability of proton tunneling in spontaneous mutation of DNA.
Is it possible to help and make this data available to me?

Best regards
P.Fahimi

Nathan Baker

Mar 24, 2015, 10:54:54 PM3/24/15
to peyman fahimi, apbs-...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hello --

After running APBS on a DNA PQR file, you should be able to use the multivalue program distributed with APBS (in the tools directory) to evaluate the electrostatic potential at different locations around DNA.  You can perform radial averaging of the resulting electrostatic potential values to generate the plot you've requested.

Sincerely,

Nathan Baker