[apbs-users] How to install the APBS binary?

LI An-Bang

Apr 28, 2015, 9:37:00 PM4/28/15
to apbs-users
Hi,

I downloaded the APBS binary for Linux..

After unpack the tar ball in my Fedora Linux 21, I run the executable file bin/apbs. It says:
./apbs: error while loading the shared libraries: libmaloc.so.1: can not lopen shared object file: No such file or directory.

I can not find any instructions in the documents about how to dealing with such error information. Maybe It is needed to install the shared libraries, but I don't know how to do it.

Would anyone please tell me how to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.
Li Anbang
LI AnBang
Physics Department, Central China Normal University, China

Jurrus, Elizabeth R

May 1, 2015, 9:23:48 AM5/1/15
to apbs-...@lists.sourceforge.net, anba...@qq.com, Star, Keith
Hi Li,

Try setting your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environmental variable to point to the APBS-1.4.1-binary/lib directory.  This is where libmaloc.so is located.

- liz