[apbs-users] Protonation status from PDB2PQR

1 view

Weihua Geng

Feb 15, 2017, 8:24:38 PM2/15/17
to apbs-...@lists.sourceforge.net, Hu, Journey
Dear APBS team and users,

We are trying to calculate pKa value for solvated proteins and we use PDB2PQR to obtain charge distribution for a given protein at different protonation status. Following PDB2PQR manual, we know that the titratable residue has different titrating status using different name. For example, from unprotonated to protonated status,
ASP: ASP —> ASH
GLU: GLU —> GLH
TYR: TYM —> TYR
HIS: HIE —> HIP
LYS: LYN —> LYS

However, we met problems for CYS and ARG as described below.

CYS: It has two Names as CYX and CYM, but the PDB2PQR gives same result for these two names

ARG: There is no Amino Acid Residue Additions for ARG.

I wonder if there are any way to output the unprotonated and protonated status for CYS and ARG. Any hints will be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Weihua

Dr. Weihua Geng
Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Southern Methodist University
(214) 768-2252
http://faculty.smu.edu/wgeng

Nathan Baker

Feb 18, 2017, 9:15:51 PM2/18/17
to Weihua Geng, Brandi-Lozano, Juan M, APBS-USERS mailing list, Engel, Dave W, Nathan Baker, Hu, Journey
Hi Weihua --

Juan is probably the best person to answer this question.  I've Cc'ed him on this email.

Thanks,

Nathan

Brandi-Lozano, Juan M

Feb 21, 2017, 9:17:10 AM2/21/17
to Nathan Baker, Weihua Geng, Engel, Dave W, Hu, Journey, Baker, Nathan, APBS-USERS mailing list

Hello Weihua, I’ll look into this and get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!!

--Juan Brandi