[apbs-announce] APBS 1.4.1

Baker, Nathan

Aug 14, 2014, 10:46:25 PM8/14/14
to APBS-ANNOUNCE list, Jurrus, Elizabeth R, Star, Keith
Dear APBS users --

We are pleased to announce the release of APBS 1.4.1.  This was primarily a bug fix release, however, we have added a few new features we'd like to highlight:
  • Multigrid bug fix for volumes with large problem domains
  • We have added a preliminary implementation of geometric flow
  • Finite element method support has been re-enabled
  • Migration of the APBS source tree to GitHub (https://github.com/Electrostatics/apbs-pdb2pqr) for better collaboration, issue tracking, and source code management
  • Improved test suite
The new version of APBS can be downloaded from http://www.poissonboltzmann.org/docs/downloads/#downloads

We would also like to highlight our new web site, still located at: http://www.poissonboltzmann.org/.  This site is also hosted at GitHub and we hope that the new organization will make it easier for people to find the content they need.  While we are still in the process of migrating some remaining content, we have added links to the previous web page when needed.

Thank you for your continuing support of APBS.  As always, please use our mailing lists to send us questions or comments about our software.

Sincerely,

The APBS Development Team

--
Nathan Baker
Laboratory Fellow and Technical Group Manager